Official Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tahogany18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by Tahogany18 »

Your review sounds like it’s a book about coming of age which is always very interesting to ready and I like that I can actual visualize what I’m reading
Strongbob25
Currently Reading: Maskerade
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strongbob25.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Strongbob25 »

This book seems like a departure from the rest of the ones we've had this week. I've never really read a pastoral novel before. Maybe it's time to start!
Kaylaolson12

Post by Kaylaolson12 »

The review above is glowing and appraising, and while I’d agree the characters developed in the sample lay out for wonderful internal conflict, the elaborate and intricate attention to setting detail at times was distracting from the plot. While intrigued but the unfolding of events, the details of every single piece of nature were walking the line of too much.
LaraLove23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laralove23.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole
Reading Device: B01GEW27DA

Post by LaraLove23 »

Excellent review overall. There are a few extraneous commas, and the following needs an edit: "Even with other characters, we begin to have a certain understanding that make their actions, though loathsome, but justifiable, at times." Aside from those minor issues, the review is a beautiful summarization of the book that has left me wanting to read it. I also appreciate the note that it's an appropriate read for teens and adults alike, as my 16 year old daughter and I may both enjoy it.
Gardenbuff61
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Gardenbuff61 »

I found this story amazing. You can see the characters and the place they live. You can feel the tension and fear, all the emotions that are running thru Natalie. I would like to finish the book sometime. I have only read the sample and it was fantastic. :D
britt13
Currently Reading: the last of the really great wangdoodlea
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britt13.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by britt13 »

This book sounds absolutely amazing. I really appreciate authors that can create real feeling characters and it sounds like that is the case here. It comes so highly praised I would be crazy not to give it a try!
jamiewright910

Post by jamiewright910 »

I absolutely love the way you've captured the essence of a stubborn and independent young woman. I can't wait to finish the story and see how it all plays out. It's very applicable to present day as well.
Spirit Wandering
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui

Post by Spirit Wandering »

This sounds like a well written novel, although not one for me with the domestic violence theme. Good review-thanks.
Interested in books that help one's spirit move beyond the ordinary.
Katherine Smith
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 524">Nancy Drew</a>
Currently Reading: The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe
Bookshelf Size: 504
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-smith.html
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Reading Device: B01KVZV52A

Post by Katherine Smith »

I like your enthusiasm for this book and the emotions that you put into it. A great book is something that grabs a hold of your emotions and does not let them go until the end. In reading your review, I can be assured that this book is a great book. I like this book deals with a variety of issues from the most benign to the most serious. I agree with your recommendation that everyone should read this book even though the genre is for teenagers.
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
cim-
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cim.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by cim- »

I like a book with a character that we get to feel we know. By your review, I want to read the book to see how Natalie interacts with the other characters and how she handles the problems with her abusive step-father. I also want to find out what happens to her cow. I hope soon I'll be able to read this enticing book.
NeonKay
Favorite Book: Guradian of Deceit
Currently Reading: The 11.05 Murders
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neonkay.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by NeonKay »

Such a wonderful review, thumbs up! :) I would like to experience reading this book and see for myself. Thanks for this. This novel maybe tailored for teenagers but nevertheless, it sounds quite a good one which can make anyone learn from and enjoy. :)
There's nothing else more exciting than making a rough place your comfort zone. :wink: --kc fernandez
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

At 16, Natalie has a list of dreams to achieve already. It's admirable to see her strive hard for herself and her family. It would be interesting how falling in love with a married man changes her life. I added it to my to-read list!
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
RoganRileyReads123
Currently Reading: Asymptote
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by RoganRileyReads123 »

As glowing as this review is, I can't help but feel that this book is not the right kind of book for me to read. So despite it being, most likely, a great well-written book, I must sadly say that I doubt it will be for me.
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

It's great to know that the characters are well developed and that the writing is so well done it seems like a movie. I love when a author shows and doesn't just tell. Great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Maggie G
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggie-g.html
Latest Review: Andalusian in Jerusalem by Mois benarroch

Post by Maggie G »

This looks like one that I would enjoy, especially that the characters are well drawn and interesting. Thank you for your review!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”