Official Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
morenikeji100
Currently Reading: Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 13

Re: Official Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by morenikeji100 »

That's a good write up, and the book will be inspiring especially for those with weak determination, such a young girl, a sixteen year old girl with firm motivation and self determination, thats what we call faith. I'll also like to read it, I'll definitely want to know what happen next.
Emili
Favorite Author: Laura Thalassa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emili.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
fav_author_id: 11335

Post by Emili »

This sounds like such an amazing book, with very relatable characters and situations. I like how you said your opinion about the main character changed throughout the book.
DrHyde_not_Jekyll
Favorite Book: Beneath a Scarlet Sky
Currently Reading: What's Your Bio Strategy?
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drhyde-not-jekyll.html
Latest Review: The Writer's Roadmap by Leigh Shulman

Post by DrHyde_not_Jekyll »

Thank you so very much for your fantastic review! You said "Before I realized, I had already read a hundred pages while it felt like fifty." I felt like this is exactly what could happen to me when reading the free excerpt from Amazon. The author has the rare writing style that I love, that makes a book "get under your skin," as you say. Can't wait to read this one!
kemp1kor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor »

It's nice that the characters are well-written and easy to visualize. I'm glad you enjoyed the book so much. Thanks for the review!
mdnewberry20
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mdnewberry20.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by mdnewberry20 »

This was a great review! I totally agree that the author brings the characters to life and it is "like watching a movie." I am really interested in purchasing this book and reading the rest of the story as this is one that I would definitely be interested in owning. Thank you so much for reviewing it for us!
dhomespot
Currently Reading: Blind Black Sheep
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhomespot.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by dhomespot »

It is always a thrill to read a book that makes you connect so strongly with the characters. I am glad that you enjoyed it and wrote such an awesome review.
"Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other."- John Steinbeck
toyinafolalu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toyinafolalu.html
Latest Review: Elastic Girl by Olivia Rana

Post by toyinafolalu »

Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane appears to be an interesting must read romance novel.Already,I pity Natalie Chapman as she has a huge task ahead of her.I am curious and would want to know if she actually meets the right man.
bootsie0126+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bootsie0126.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01GEW27DA

Post by bootsie0126+ »

I started reading this book, was able to get past the introduction and decided that I did not want to continue reading. I found the language style hard reading so I placed the book in my "Not Interested" shelf, and then read your review. I really liked your review and although I have not removed this book from the current shelf, your review has sparked an interest in reading other reviews to help make a decision of whether to read or not. If there are other reviews like yours, I will definitely update shelf to "Want to Read"
AbAW1

Post by AbAW1 »

Here are my quick thoughts on Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane.

I was transported to the house where the little girl was. I felt like I had knowledge of what was going on in the house before she awoke because of personal experience.

I connected to her fear but mostly to her courage.

Albeit uplifting so far, it is not something I'm interested in reading.
jessicam0119
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessicam0119.html

Post by jessicam0119 »

I have just downloaded this book, and after reading this review am extremely excited about reading it. I love the coming of age stories that leave the reader shaken and a little confused. I love that this shows the darker side of family life while also showing that there is joy and happiness to be found in those dark times.
LoisCHenderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loischenderson.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (German Edition) by Peter Liptak

Post by LoisCHenderson »

Vickie Noel wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 17:55 Wow, what a glowing review ...
As if you're going to get anything else but that in here ... LOL!
10billion

Post by 10billion »

The issues of alcohol are very important.Thanks a lot for the book, it's enjoyable and it will be an added advantage for the teens to learn a lot from it. Surely the review is clear.
tblodgett
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by tblodgett »

Wow, that review certainly makes one want to dive right into the book, mostly the main character's description. One gets a sense of kinship with her anger, hate and bravery. Her struggles with the step-fathers abuse, you made seem frightfully intense, gave me Goosebumps wanting to hate him immediately. Although, I was smiling 5 seconds later when she finds employment away from her struggles. Yes, I would definitely read the book based on your description of the young ladies triumphs, everyone loves the underdog.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

A great review for a great novel. I have read a sample, and I can not agree more that it is indeed a beautifully written book. I was completely absorbed in the book in no time, and felt in tune with Natalie. I can not wait to know what unexpected turns the story reveals in her character, because just like you described, so far she seems the perfect one. Another aspect you have mentioned, and which I am looking forward to is how the author unfolds different events throughout the story; so far the story went smoothly, and I want to know what else it has in store for me. Your review made my belief stronger that this book deserves not a 'to read' shelf but a 'must read' one.
kastle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kastle.html
Latest Review: Going to Wings by Sandra Worsham

Post by kastle »

This is a wonderfully put review. It gives an in-depth look into what we can expect from the story.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”