Official Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gods Monkey
Currently Reading: The Morning Mind
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gods-monkey.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Re: Official Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Gods Monkey »

When I first read the title of this book I didn’t think I would be interested in it at all, I don’t care for fishing. But after reading the sample and the review I’m actually very interested in actually reading the entire book.
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by GPM »

The adventures of the women are interesting. Initially, I had no idea about it.
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
HeatherTasker
Currently Reading: Slaughterhouse-Five
Bookshelf Size: 53

Post by HeatherTasker »

I would be interested to see how this edition has improved! Great review!
bazolo
Currently Reading: Relentless Alien Eyes
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bazolo.html
Latest Review: "Andalusian in Jerusalem" by Mois benarroch

Post by bazolo »

Of course the women tales and unbreakable bond of friendship displayed in this book it's really good and give enough reason to put in want to read list of my bookshelf. Great review with amazing inspiration friendly love story within.
Latest Review: "Andalusian in Jerusalem" by Mois benarroch
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Sounds like a holistic book on friendship and building bridges among people who have just met or complete strangers. From your review, I would like to explore more.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

This is a good review of friendship, oneness and unity. These are moral values society cherishes most.Putting them in a beautiful story such as this is great. Thanks Michelle.
Insomniac07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insomniac07.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Insomniac07 »

I didn't know fly fishing was a thing until I read this review. Now, I'm curious as to how and why these women get into the sport and how it influenced their friendship. Thanks for the insightful review.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I'm glad that this book gives the women an interest which is not considered traditionally feminine by mainstream, patriarchal societies. I'm not into that sort of thing myself, but I love to see diversity, especially when depicting women. Thank you for the insightful review!
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Afuglsan
Currently Reading: The Masked City
Bookshelf Size: 5445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afuglsan.html
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo

Post by Afuglsan »

I, myself, am a fishing girl. I love it. I'm not huge on fly fishing, but I'll do that, too. I read a bit of the book prior to this review, and I love what I read so far. This book definitely has some humor and some spunk!
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo
srzscript
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by srzscript »

Fly fishing the concept is interesting and the sisterhood is always something about sharing etc. The more what adds to the story is naked women from water.loking forward to read it.
CaitlynLynch
Currently Reading: Conquering Writer's Block and Summoning Inspiration
Bookshelf Size: 3245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlynlynch.html
Latest Review: The Hand That Feeds You by Amos Cartell
Reading Device: B01AZ7LQ00

Post by CaitlynLynch »

I don't know much about fly fishing, but I do know that sharing a love of something obscure can bond otherwise very disparate people into the closest of friends. I'm glad the author has taken advice from the reviewer on board and had the book edited!
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

I'm not really interested in fly fishing and I don't know much about it, but this book sounds like a cute story about friendship and the fact that the girls find a woman naked in a river adds a sense of mystery to the novel. Great job on the review! And it's also great that the book has been edited again!
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Roggyrus »

The Reel Sisters are commendable in having this sisterhood of women with similar hobbies. Their being engaged in fly fishing resulted in an encounter with a woman in dire need of their help, that is, for them to fish her out of the river, and be freed from the water current that drags her along. This book introduces to women who are not aware yet, the sport of fly fishing and the delightful camaraderie afforded by the association they would make with other enthusiasts. This could be a new experience for many. Thank you for this wonderful review.
lcyeelucy1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lcyeelucy1 »

It sounds ok, makes someone wish to read into it through and get to know more about fly fishing mostly to ladies because it never happened before that women can do it
dhcteacher
Currently Reading: The Engine Woman's Light
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhcteacher.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by dhcteacher »

While I did enjoy the movie mentioned by the author, A River Runs Through It, I had never considered learning how to fly fish. However, the author’s description of rivers: lures, and time spent with her friends caused me to become fascinated in her hobby. Her words bring the reader into her fishing experiences.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”