Official Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Re: Official Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid

Post by Quinto »

This is a story I would like reading about that focuses on the two characters, Gary and Chico. Their characters also bring out the dangers of alcoholism and other social vices.
eddix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddix.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by eddix »

This sounds like an interesting book. I was skeptical at first, but after reading the sample and this review, I think I'll give it a read. Thanks for the review.
okayode
Currently Reading: Satan and Me and OBE
Bookshelf Size: 110

Post by okayode »

The storyline isn't so much interesting to me.. But I will still like to read the book because the book cover got my attention. I hope I will enjoy it anyways.
Congratulations on BOD.
Fine review
kwahu
Favorite Author: Kathleen Geiger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwahu.html
Latest Review: The Ripples Spread by Fay Spurgin
fav_author_id: 73488

Post by kwahu »

A sword swallower and a human blockhead! This sounds beyond what words could say. I wouldn't stand it seeing someone swallow a sword; it's intriguing and scary at the same time. I have already gotten my copy. Congratulations to the author.
papaya12
Currently Reading: Insurgent
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-papaya12.html
Latest Review: Protostar by Braxton A. Cosby
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by papaya12 »

Thank you for this review! It does not sound like my type of book but I did find your description of the dialogue intriguing.
Melchi Asuma
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Melchi Asuma »

The idea in this book just seems heavenly. Thanks for the review.
MA
mumoscar
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mumoscar.html
Latest Review: Forbidden Someday by M. Acen

Post by mumoscar »

This book sounds thrilling and I am interested in reading it. I also like the mention of character development which the author has used to grab the readers' attention. Thanks #BOTD
Cate Mbevi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cate-mbevi.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley

Post by Cate Mbevi »

Thanks for the review. I was curious to know what is sword swallowing about and now I have gotten some interest from your review and I am looking forward to reading it.
joshfee77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshfee77.html
Latest Review: In Time Forever by Stefan Raicu

Post by joshfee77 »

Sounds like an excellent character study. I usually read thrillers but am happy to make an exception for almost any genre if done particularly well. People’s struggles with addictions such as alcohol usually make for interesting reading. Thanks for a great review.
nikkitrueblue1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkitrueblue1.html
Latest Review: I'm Swimming in the Toilet... PLEASE DON'T FLUSH! by Len Foley

Post by nikkitrueblue1 »

This is a book that is a whole 360 for me since it isn't a genre I normally am drawn to but since I was a child I've always loved just about anything that links to sideshows and vaudevillian styled modern themes. I'm really curious about the demographics and how these two relate to each other. If I had picked this book up, I might have looked at the back blurb and thought, "Hmm, it sounds a little interesting" and then I probably would have set it back on the shelf in its place, however the reviewer has given more of a picture about the book without giving away the story and its quirked my interest a bit more.
prettysmart
Currently Reading: Big Doc Bitteroot
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prettysmart.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by prettysmart »

I would love to discover a more thorough description of the how the bond between Duke and Gary formed especially since Duke grew up in the street life whilst Gary was basically a troubled student and both abused alcohol...Admirable review!
Samanthajayne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthajayne12.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Samanthajayne12 »

I really enjoyed reading the sample of this book and this review certainly makes me want to keep reading so that I can find out more about the two characters. I found the story at the beginning held my interest to keep reading and I would love to find out more about how Duke and Gary meet and how their relationship is formed.
Amelia Howard
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: dell

Post by Amelia Howard »

" The Sword Swallower and A Chico Kid " shows very interesting to me because you have an adult and a college student with the same problem and they can't control it and it seems like they had lost their way some where in life and need help to get back on track. Thanks for that information so far but I'm ready to read the whole book because I want to know how they both turn out at the end.
LeaNyathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leanyathi.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by LeaNyathi »

Although this sounds like a great story, with interesting characters, I probably won't read it. Thank you for the review!
melvs
Currently Reading: Heaven and Earth
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melvs.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by melvs »

Knowing things from the reviewer about this book is that their exist of a college or university that will let a person graduate, but who only do is drink and party and not learn anything. So I will make a pass on this book. But still it got 4 out of 4 stars from the reviewer, you might like it also.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”