Official Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nelsy Mtsweni
Currently Reading: The Other Side of Him
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsnel006.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Re: Official Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid

Post by Nelsy Mtsweni »

The book sounds like a very interesting read, I would like to read it sometimes. You mentioned humor being featured in the book, more reasons for me to indulge my self on The Sword Swallower and a Chico Child.

Thanks for the review.
A day is not measured by the harvest that you collect, but by the seeds that you plant.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

The issues here are timely and relevant. If there are lessons to be learned, I hope this book will not make the young readers think vices or addictions are natural occurences or have to be experienced to know they are wrong. This is in my bookshelves and I will put this on topshelf as soon as I am able.
stedape
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stedape.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by stedape »

The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid is a great fictional piece with inspirational character interactions and development. I'd love to read this.
Sam_G
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sam_G »

The book seems like is going to be an amazing read. Characters being developed, interesting.
Seeing forward to read it.
Thanks to a thorough review.
tbj
Currently Reading:

Post by tbj »

Great book about different layers of life.The mentoring, the retelling of how Duke joined the circus and of friendship.
favor_
Currently Reading: I'll Point to Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by favor_ »

It's a good thing you enjoyed reading the book. But it sounds like a book that revolves round only these two alcoholic people, and then gets you moody. Looking foward to something better.
Essieg1

Post by Essieg1 »

GPM wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 23:24 I cannot imagine his skills! Anyway, thanks for the nice overview of the story.
Reading this is like in the modern day, with students partying, alcohol addictions, and sin city. Good news when money runs out the students learn that they must get a job, after dropping out of colleges or universities worldwide.
Kennethanchristi
Currently Reading:

Post by Kennethanchristi »

The sword swallower is a great an interesting book. It got my heart racing. cause to be able to swallow something that long you would have to for sure practice, an to keep from gaging. I havent read the hole book yet butfrom what i have read of it so far well I like it. :D
KRay93
Currently Reading: The Bourne Identity
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kray93.html
Latest Review: Non-Disclosure by George Dapra

Post by KRay93 »

Thanks for the review! It sounds like a book about people amid problematic environments and strange cultures. A story driven by characters with this type of setting is not something that can be passed lightly. Between this and the pages that I have read in the Kindle sample, I think I will definitely give it a try.
JayJoseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jayjoseph.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by JayJoseph »

Sword swallowing is great skills that leaves people wondering "How do they do that?" I like the characters that are in this book. The book has a great story line. I also like books that are humorous making it my type of book. I'll be sure to read it.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

It looks like this book relates to struggles with alcohol addiction while trying to make a better life. I can relate to this book because i know a lot of people living with alcohol addiction. I will certainly read this book. Thanks for the review.
SJCronin89
Currently Reading: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by SJCronin89 »

This sounds as if it will be a fantastic read. I'm looking forward to reading this book for my first review! I am a huge fan of stories which are more character-driven. I believe this one will be right up my alley.
Jacky Jevvy
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Jacky Jevvy »

I don't understand blockhead. This seems amazing for a person to have such skills like swallowing the sword
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Van112 »

Thank you for the review. It is very helpful since it made me want to read the book. I admit, upon seeing the book cover, it never crossed my mind that I'd like to give this a try. But when I read your official review, everything became clearer. The characters are messed up but I think likable based on your descriptions. Also, it seemed very organized since you mentioned about the three parts. Adding this to my want to read list.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav
mehernan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mehernan.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by mehernan »

Whenever books have parts split up, I always get nervous. Nervous because you can read all about one thing, the next part is another, and then bam, it's all together. But that isn't to say it can be done right. From your review, it looks like the author did a good job with it. The title also threw me off. Was not expecting what I was thinking, so I thank you for that! I'm intrigued now. Might just pick this one up!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”