Official Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Torturedqueen
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid

Post by Torturedqueen »

Very nice summary! I just downloaded this book, and can’t wait to read it. From your review, the story seems different than what I normally would read, which is what’s drawing me to it.
spicyfoodfreak666
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by spicyfoodfreak666 »

Hi 🙂
I just started reading The sword swallower and the Chico kid. Although I am still on the first part I am thoroughly enjoying it more than I thought I would. This isn't my usual genre, so I'm pleasantly surprised. Duke has a lot of vises but seems to be a genuine person. He's true to himself and follows his own rules. I can't wait to submit a full review once I've completed the book. By the way, I am new to this club and this is my first book!! So excited 😀😁😃!!!!
Whitney Marchelle
Currently Reading: Clan and Conscience (Clan beginnings Book 6)
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whitney-marchelle.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Whitney Marchelle »

I really enjoyed this review. Seems like a great story. Normally not my type of story. But worth a second look for sure.
spicyfoodfreak666
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by spicyfoodfreak666 »

I totally agree that you should give it a second view. Like I stated, this isn't my usual genre but, I figured why not give it a shot and so far it's held my interest.
Mama12
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Mama12 »

The sword swallower and a Chico kid.

This is really a novel idea for a book. Duke is a likeable character and his
‘Business ‘ is certainly unique. The writing style is easy to read and enjoyable. It’s a thumbs up for me.
BookLover_1501

Post by BookLover_1501 »

“ This books seems fascinating. I would love to just sit whole say and read this. :D The author was really amazing and the characters were so damn great. I recommend this to others because you would really love to read this.” :lol2: 8)
The only important thing in a book, is the meaning that it has for you.- W. Somerset Maugham
HeatherTasker
Currently Reading: Slaughterhouse-Five
Bookshelf Size: 53

Post by HeatherTasker »

Sounds like an interesting premise and set of characters! Looking forward to reading this. Nice review!
iam_beauty

Post by iam_beauty »

Sounds like and interesting story. I love character driven books where you can see the characters grow. Looking forward to reading the book.
El Willie

Post by El Willie »

I am a huge fan of books that allow us to follow the characters through life. Stories with relatable characters more than just likeable characters. I just read the first 3 chapters of this book in a matter of minutes. I’m excited to continue.
Snowflake
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowflake.html
Latest Review: Don't Think Twice by Barbara Schoichet

Post by Snowflake »

Thanks for your review. This sounds like a really interesting character driven novel.
peace starts with a smile...
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by lesler »

This novel sounds very intriguing. I cannot help but notice the author's name is the same as the "deadbeat" character. Semi-autobiographical? Coincidence? Does this become a self-help book? I might just have to read it to find out!
KFree_Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfree-reads.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by KFree_Reads »

Nice review! Sounds like an interesting book but not my cup of tea. My mind can't get past the sword swallowing aspect. Nonetheless, I'm happy you enjoyed the book!
Koizumi

Post by Koizumi »

It was a nice story. It's great that it could make you so invested in the characters, despite their flaws.
However, while it is understandable, the dialogue does come off as slightly unnatural at points.
CaitlinGonya
Currently Reading: Heart of Iron
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlingonya.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by CaitlinGonya »

It sounds like a day in my life. I have friends who are addicts and a brother in law who is has to go to A.A. I want all of them to be whatever they want to be.
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

This sounds like a very unique story. I like the fact that the characters are so different with interesting life experiences. I don't think I've ever read about a character who worked at the circus as a sword swallower. I also like the friendship that develops between the two characters and I'm curious how they help each other out. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. Great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”