Official Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
abidec
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid

Post by abidec »

t'will be a good book to learn from, especially the character building aspect. thanks for the review
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

Nice review so descriptive yet just enough to keep one guessing
Cdeyoungde
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 405
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cdeyoungde.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Cdeyoungde »

Thanks for your review. I often judge a book by its cover (terrible I know), so I appreciate your honest review of the book. If I had judged it by the cover, I would not have read it personally. But because of your review, I might give it a try. Thank you. :shock:
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Tiffany_Jean8787
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiffany-jean8787.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Tiffany_Jean8787 »

This is a very well written review. I do not think I could read a book like this because I have had many family members and loved ones travel the road of addiction, and so many of them didn't overcome. I spent years rooting for them only to be constantly let down again. It's so very heartbreaking to watch, but maybe it is a good book for people going through, or have been through, these struggles themselves. Is there a spoiler somewhere that lets me know everyone overcomes?
rar1951
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rar1951.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by rar1951 »

Very good job synopsizing the book. You really boiled the plot down to a few sentences. I disagree with the 4 out of 4 rating because of the vulgarity, obscenity, and rampant drug and alcohol use. It is obvious that Duke was/is a sociopath, having no guilt about huis addictions.
rar1951
eu19ge19ne
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by eu19ge19ne »

According to your review I can feel it that the book it's interesting though I can imagine the skills he had but with the drug and drunkard act I believe he was terrible.
daudugoddy25

Post by daudugoddy25 »

Is not every one that love alcoholism and drugs. Is good book for this our dispensation especially youth. A lot of lesson to learn
CharlesD77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by CharlesD77 »

Woaw.
This book the sword swallower and chico kid is quite interesting as it states clearly the difference of a fair play and a self fowl play.
kjs237
Currently Reading: Sleeping Beauties
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kjs237.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Post by kjs237 »

The review points out the struggle that a couple of very complex seeming characters deal with concerning addiction and alcoholism. This review makes the characters appear conflicted with the state of their lives while attempting to make a living with a very unusual profession. It may not be an action packed thriller, but would probably offer insights into a life dealing with an addiction. Since we have such a current crisis with prescription drug and other drug addition, the book offers a timely comment on our culture today.
mllamisaamadi
Currently Reading: The Rock Stars of Neuroscience
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by mllamisaamadi »

this highly rated 4-4stars genre novel book highlights social abuse of alcoholic consumption leading to mental derailment and social missadventure as applicable with characters unquote,i like reading this book because it throws light to habitual reform,an excellent review work
kapila muleshz
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kapila muleshz »

it's sounds interesting just the introduction it's thrilling especially when the anthour is dealing. with the characters individualy hope. to dig more
katlen_7727

Post by katlen_7727 »

This is my first time here at OnlineBookClub. Actually, I love reading that is why I try to join here. As a first timer I chose this work "The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid" since I was born on the month of May :). The story is very interesting. It is very common today, most of the teenagers are like Gary. They love alcohol even they know its negative effects to their lives. Some of them thought that alcohol is the answer for their problems. Some of them were thinking that through alcohol they will forget their problems .
Paiges-reads
Favorite Book: Immortals' Requiem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paiges-reads.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Paiges-reads »

I appreciate you commenting on how the characters develop, and that the book is more characters life than action packed. I typically like some action that pushes the plot forward, and I'm not all that interested in drug and alcohol centric stories so I don't think this one will be for me. Thanks for the review!
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OloladeO »

Great review. I was put off by the cover but your view of the book definitely brings out the appeal.. Well done
Star Maaz
Currently Reading:

Post by Star Maaz »

Well to be honest it's a great book I appreciate your work.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”