Official Review: Elastic Girl by Olivia Rana

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mumoscar
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mumoscar.html
Latest Review: Forbidden Someday by M. Acen
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: Elastic Girl by Olivia Rana

Post by mumoscar »

I love the book already. There are so many injustices that go unexposed for long.
Shaat
Currently Reading: Rich Dad and Poor Dad
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Shaat »

Shaat wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 21:51 The book about the circus family is a very interesting and heart touching. The story is very well written and it is very close to the reality because I am from the same area and I witnessed all such happenings their. The life of poor especially women is very miserable. Thanks for your review nice job.
justprincess_
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by justprincess_ »

I love how this book was written, complete with some sensitive subjects that are heavy in the heart. But all in all touching. Thumbs up!
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

Paul78 wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 12:31 The Elastic Girl seems to talk about the place of women in rural India.
This shows the lengths desperate families go through in attempts to have a descent life. It is a book I will look forward to read if I get a chance to do so.
Life in this world at most times is unfair to the poor. As depicted by the Elastic Girl by Olivia Rana, children of the poor are vulnerable to exploitation and dehumanization to say the least. Those organizations working to set the helpless children free from modern day slavery are doing a great job.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
Written Legalist
Currently Reading: Gone Girl
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-written-legalist.html
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas

Post by Written Legalist »

I really like how you draw in your reader’s attention by describing an event and asking a question before you delve into the review. I think this is a great writing strategy to emulate
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

I want to share the following note from the author, who really appreciates the review and all the comments and feedback.

[Note from Author: One comment that came up quite a lot is that people were concerned about the graphic scenes of abuse, since it is mentioned in the review. Readers may think there is a lot of this content in the book, but it's actually very minimal. It is limited to two short scenes which can easily be skipped over.]
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
REENA BEN
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by REENA BEN »

This book is about how women faces poverty in India and work in circus there was also Hindi language uses which can be suitable for those who understand Hindi.
peter1234

Post by peter1234 »

I enjoyed reading this book.....big ups to the author
Shirlann0123

Post by Shirlann0123 »

This book seem to contain references about the life of a child who was forced by her parents into the realm of a circus life. She undoubtedly did not understand at first her role in the circus realm but quickly learned after making some mistakes.
Fresh40

Post by Fresh40 »

lovely story
momma182
Currently Reading: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 901

Post by momma182 »

While the book itself doesn't sound like a good fit for me due to the subject, I just wanted to say that I adore your writing style. It makes the review stand out and the contrast of the negative aspects rounds it out. :)
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

momma182 wrote: 27 Jan 2018, 18:38 While the book itself doesn't sound like a good fit for me due to the subject, I just wanted to say that I adore your writing style. It makes the review stand out and the contrast of the negative aspects rounds it out. :)
Thank you :)
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
adimchinobi

Post by adimchinobi »

I'm completely in love with this book after browsing through the review,I wish to get it, is there a way to get it online please
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

adimchinobi wrote: 31 Jan 2018, 06:14 I'm completely in love with this book after browsing through the review,I wish to get it, is there a way to get it online please
Great! It is a fabulous book. There is a link to Amazon in the bottom left-hand corner of the review, as well as one to Bookshelves which may include other purchasing options. The book is free with KindleUnlimited I believe. ETA: Welcome to the site!
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
melvs
Currently Reading: Heaven and Earth
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melvs.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by melvs »

Circuses here in the Philippines are almost no longer existing, it is like an endangered species that are almost extinct. But I am aware of what joy a circus can bring to a child's memories. Since I to enjoyed going to them when I was a child. I add this book in my going to read shelves and let's see how will it make me relieve those times I have with the circuses.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”