Official Review: Until The Darkness Goes by Renee Ebert

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
HouseOfAtticus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houseofatticus.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Official Review: Until The Darkness Goes by Renee Ebert

Post by HouseOfAtticus »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Until The Darkness Goes" by Renee Ebert.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Until The Darkness Goes by Renee Ebert revolves around Molly Morris, a resident in Orthopedic Surgery. She has a troubled relationship with her mother and the narrative extensively focuses on that aspect of her life. She falls for a man named Javier and her life seems perfect for a while. However, tragedy soon hits home and Molly is heavily affected by this. There is a major conflict between Molly and her mother, and this element moves the narrative forward.

I feel that the plot of the book was absolutely beautiful. The author has effectively spun a beautiful and intriguing story that revolves around a myriad of themes and heavily really on strong character development and beautiful sub-plots. I felt like it was hard for me to find a flaw or an error in the book, and this made it a very enjoyable read. Molly’s story will have the reader hooked from the first page and the reader will find it impossible to put the book down all the way till the end. I found the plot absolutely irresistible and felt that the author has done a wonderful job of creating a strong narrative.

The most important theme of this story seemed to be relationships. I feel that the author has beautifully explored this theme in the book. The way the dynamic between Molly and her mother is projected from the very first chapter makes the narrative rather intriguing. The author has refrained from showing a black and white picture or idea of relationships and has captured the nuances of relationships and conflicts quite well.

Another facet of the novel that I absolutely loved was the characterisation. I strongly feel that the author has done a brilliant job of creating strong, independent and well-developed characters who come into the picture with their own pasts and baggage. I feel that the characters of the story are quite memorable. Perhaps my favourite character would be the protagonist herself. I love the fact that she is delineated as a strong and independent character.

Overall, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I feel that everything, whether it is the characterisation or the creation of a strong plot, is absolutely wonderful. I also love the writing style of the author. In my opinion, the author has explored every aspect of the human relationships and has created a wonderful and memorable narrative. I hope that this book does really well because I strongly feels that the author has done a beautiful job with her book. I would love to see more of her books in the future.

Until The Darkness Goes
View: on Bookshelves

Like HouseOfAtticus's review? Post a comment saying so!
Bamporiki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Bamporiki »

I enjoy the Story ,and I think ,Renee Ebert the author was really inspired with the reality of life ,this book talks about some reality in some people's life ,and I like the story ...
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This sounds quite intriguing. I'm glad the characters were so strong. That definitely can make or break a novel. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Gunnar Ohberg
Currently Reading: The Nix
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gunnar-ohberg.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Gunnar Ohberg »

Not sure what to do with this review, to be honest. It's clear you enjoy the novel for a multitude of reasons, but all the reasons seem rather vague. The characters are strong... how? The author has a good style... how? The sub-plots are nice... how? Maybe this book is as good as you say, but I would need to know more about it before I can be persuaded either way.
KamalK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kamalk.html
Latest Review: It's Just Business... the Romancing of Ahjumma by Wanda Voy

Post by KamalK »

Your review makes the book sound good. I am glad you enjoyed it, but I am not sure that it is my kind of book.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”