Official Review: The weakest link by Fernando Neves

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Re: Official Review: The weakest link by Fernando Neves

Post by MsTri »

I hadn't actually planned to comment, even though I read your whole review, but then I got to your last line and had to comment that it was brilliant! I love a great ending line almost as much as a great intro, and you nailed it! As for the book, sorry you had to endure that. I too have read a few 1-2 star books here and no matter how short they are, they're still torturous, especially if they're full of grammatical errors.
inaramid
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

Let me echo one of the comments above: "WOW! 16 PAGES?!" With the number of characters, that was bound to be confusing. Perhaps this was originally in his language and was just translated to appeal to an international audience? Regardless, I agree that the author could have invested more of his resources in a good editor.
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Roggyrus »

Reviewer Molina, I am impressed and delighted with your good text, and your use of the pun in your sentences. You really made sufficient evidence for handing a verdict of 1 out of 4 stars for this book. But the book, being only comprised of a few pages, and granting those are all written anomalies, would you reconsider that the evidence is still scant for sending the book to the gallows? lol. Don't misunderstand me, but I really love your review.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

MsTri wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 19:37 I hadn't actually planned to comment, even though I read your whole review, but then I got to your last line and had to comment that it was brilliant! I love a great ending line almost as much as a great intro, and you nailed it! As for the book, sorry you had to endure that. I too have read a few 1-2 star books here and no matter how short they are, they're still torturous, especially if they're full of grammatical errors.
Thanks for the appreciation, MsTri! I try to make each review memorable. It's my way of fulfilling my dream of writing.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

inaramid wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 20:43 Let me echo one of the comments above: "WOW! 16 PAGES?!" With the number of characters, that was bound to be confusing. Perhaps this was originally in his language and was just translated to appeal to an international audience? Regardless, I agree that the author could have invested more of his resources in a good editor.
Hi, Kabayan! There were, in fact, more characters! I admire the author for creating a multi-layered story using but 16 pages. But the delivery was severely flawed.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Roggyrus wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 00:52 Reviewer Molina, I am impressed and delighted with your good text, and your use of the pun in your sentences. You really made sufficient evidence for handing a verdict of 1 out of 4 stars for this book. But the book, being only comprised of a few pages, and granting those are all written anomalies, would you reconsider that the evidence is still scant for sending the book to the gallows? lol. Don't misunderstand me, but I really love your review.
I felt bad giving the death sentence, but I couldn't give a higher rating. Very basic writing rules were violated.

Thanks for your kind words, Roggyrus. I hope to read your work soon.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

Sadly, the book (of barely sixteen pages) never stood a chance. Only into the second paragraph, my list of grammatical errors already had ten items. By the second page, I stopped counting.
This book will be thrown by CommMayo in the garbage. ^_^

I appreciate your effort to get to know the author more.

So sad to hear you felt disappointed to the errors you found.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Hi, Dolor! I think CommMayo's passion for good grammar has stuck with you. She might be falling off her snowboard right now, lol!

Thanks for swinging by. I hope I have not hurt Fernando's feelings.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The book sounds intriguing. I think the people who love soccer would read it happily. Thanks for this great review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Hi there, Sarah Tariq! Thanks for dropping by. I guess those who wouldn't mind sidestepping the errors would enjoy the book.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

Miriam Molina wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 05:36 Hi, Dolor! I think CommMayo's passion for good grammar has stuck with you. She might be falling off her snowboard right now, lol!

Thanks for swinging by. I hope I have not hurt Fernando's feelings.
Never mind if ever she had really fallen down on the snowboard when I mentioned her name. ^_^ She got a perfect reviewer score when she came back. She was able to free her mind from the stress of feeding her hubby, their pets and herself.

I wonder why you did not review a book after this. I'm waiting for your latest book review. ^_^
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

I haven't written the review yet as my dad was hospitalized for a week, and my household chores piled up.. I have a huge reading backlog, too. I hope to get the review out next week, or else I'll be penalized. Good for CommMayo! 💯% from the editors is Nirvana, LOL!
Kieran_Obrien
Currently Reading: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kieran-obrien.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Kieran_Obrien »

Is it just me or are characters motivated by money just plain boring? I have no interest in reading a story about rich people wanting to get richer. It's not a compelling motivation. Or maybe others think differently?

P.S. the use of the book's title in the review's last line is very clever 8)
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Kieran_Obrien wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 08:34 Is it just me or are characters motivated by money just plain boring? I have no interest in reading a story about rich people wanting to get richer. It's not a compelling motivation. Or maybe others think differently?

P.S. the use of the book's title in the review's last line is very clever 8)
Hi, Kieran_Obrien! You are clearly still very young and untouched by the world's dirty hands. Sadly, money is the motivation for many of this world's souls. I hope that you will remain unblemished as you leave school and face the dark witches and wizards, not of Harry Potter's world, but of real life. I also hope I am not scaring you, LOL!

P.S. Thank you for the compliment. I try to be clever once in a while.
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

It is sad for a good book to get such a low rating. But I take one strong word you have communicated to the author, "communication is key to any relationship". Any person who wishes to write a book should understand that he or she is communicating his or her ideas to the audience, through that book. In most cases, the reader will not have any opportunity to seek clarification from the author concerning the book.
Thanks for your honest review.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”