Review by Blarishas -- McDowell by William H. Coles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Blarishas
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blarishas.html
Latest Review: "McDowell" by William H. Coles

Review by Blarishas -- McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Blarishas »

[Following is a volunteer review of "McDowell" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

McDowell by William H. Coles is a story based on the rise and fall of Hiram McDowell. He is the principal role of the tale. He is a well-known surgeon and has a number of achievements in his entire life. He founded and operated a medical institution in Nepal. He also headed the International College of Surgeons. One of his greatest achievements includes appointment as United States Secretary of Health. That indeed is a great achievement. Failures of Hiram are also stated in the book. For force and money, he deceived his fellows as well as allies. He has three children. Hiram loves his kids, which can be witnessed in the book.

Michael O’Leary was one of his friends as well as a colleague. He deceived him so that he can become President of International College of Surgeons. Michael O’Leary is looking for revenge. Hiram also cheated his third wife and his first wife died of malignant neoplastic disease. Paige Sterling is a journalist by profession. His task is to research on McDowell’s life. Apiece of the children plays role in the narrative. Due to his crimes, he is saddled with second-degree murder. As a penalty, he brings 25 years of imprisonment.

In the second part of the story, Hiram escapes from the prison. He receives assistance from a number of people. Now he starts his journey toward self-discovery. Here he meets new people. Maud is running a bookstore and people visit his bookstore scarcely. Willie Brown is a street musician. In this way, the story comes to an end. I think the end is a little confusing as well as mythical.

Overall, it is a great book. It sheds light on how one can surpass the limits in society to acquire control of power and money. These are examples for us to search for love, not for money. To be with family members not with aliens. It as well holds a big lesson about salvation. If one commits sins, he can redeem them. But McDowell is very late here in this fictional story. One matter which I disliked is that he must find a stern penalty for what he had caused. But he found a new life and that is his luck.

I rate McDowell 4 out of 4 stars and I hardly ever do that. Because the book is professionally edited and well formatted. I did not take in a moment when I noticed either spelling or grammar errors. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in a thriller and adventurous books. This book focuses on force, power, death, revenge as well as money.

McDowell
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Blarishas's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "McDowell" by William H. Coles
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I like how you summarize the book as the importance of being with family and not with strangers. Some people ave to learn that the hard way, like McDowell. Great review. Thanks.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

McDowell is a man whose income and expenses are out of counting, he is running foundation also . Instead of having enough rise and fame he is still interested in making money and is ignorant of the responsibilities to his family. Very sad situation!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”