Review by Mahongo1998 -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Mahongo1998
Currently Reading: Hello, My Love
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahongo1998.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Review by Mahongo1998 -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Mahongo1998 » 05 Nov 2017, 05:50

[Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Strong heart written by Charlie Sheldon and narrated by Laurel Anne White. This novel reveals the essence of family, friendship, science and mystery.

The day Tom Olsen is scheduled to leave with William and his daughter Myra for Washington States Olympic Peninsula wilderness to secure his grandfather's grave and return an ancient artifact. Ruth who is Tom's ex-wife unexpectedly shows up with 13 year old Sarah whom she introduces as his granddaughter. Though Tom is reluctant to bring Sarah along on the trip, William convinces him to bring her along.

The narrator of the story is Sarah, a thirteen year old orphan who accompanies her grandfather who she had just met for the first time to secure the grave of her great great grandfather who died over 45 years ago. The journey which at first seemed to be straight forward was twisted with Sarah's sudden disappearance, the action takes place in Sarah's adventure where she had to face the bear that was in existence thousands of years ago.
When Sarah shares her weird tale of encounter with Tom, Myra and William they thought the head injuries she sustained caused her imagination but one thing that intrigued them was her new talent, she had become a good spear thrower.

Without giving any spoilers,I absolutely found the naming of several characters such as "weep a lot", "fat hair", "Pretty face", "weeps a lot more" and "cold eye" very funny this kept me laughing. This book is both fun and moving, the author gave many fascinating details of the characters especially that of Sarah who on many occasions faced challenges and yet proved that she was indeed strong heart.

Sarah's adventure and character made the story interesting, she was young and courageous. I loved how Tom and Sarah's relationship developed which is something special. I love the author's style of writing because he is very informative on human revolution, animals, weather, places and this makes it easy to take you along the adventures.

The end is very disappointing there still parts that are not covered in the book but I have no hesitation of rating the book 4 out of 4 stars because the author is very informative and I did not find any errors in the book . I would have rated the book 3 out of 4 stars but I still have hope that the second tale will cover all the parts that are not covered.

The underlying lesson in this book is family, friendship and courage. Fans of adventure and fantasy will enjoy reading the book

Strong Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Mahongo1998's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”