Official Review: The Siege by James Hanna

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eileen R
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eileen-r.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Re: Official Review: The Siege by James Hanna

Post by Eileen R »

Thanks for the review although its not my cup of tea.
Valentinebyler
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Valentinebyler »

I definitely like heroic characters .this book is a good one ,I seen movies based on prison but never read a book before so this is a got to finish read for me .thanks
paulitfaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paulitfaa.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by paulitfaa »

The laws on imprisonment always need rephrasing.Each time we visit the prisons we discover that part of us is in there and that part of us truly needs liberty. For this reason we stand in the defense of prisoners especially those who have been imprisoned falsely.
Gs_Anja
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gs-anja.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Gs_Anja »

Very nice review. I had my doubts in reading the free sample. From the start you can see that it takes concentration and your full attention. But I will reconsider reading it.

I can see you read it thoroughly and also have knowledge and insight.
The topic is so relevant and important to us. We should listen to voices that point these things out.

Thank you for the review.
douglas263
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by douglas263 »

the laws on imprisonment need to be amended to prevent and save those who brutally suffer inside those jails for maybe false accusations and false witnesses thus saving their liberty .To prevent them suffering physically and mentally inside the jails.
Penbreath09
Currently Reading: The Da Vinci Code
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Penbreath09 »

I would love to read this book. A book that investigates the mind of man. Have to read it up.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

A psychological thriller that highlights the flaws in how prisons are run. It seems action-packed and exciting. Thanks for the review.
eddix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddix.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by eddix »

Thanks for your well-written review and your warning. The book sounds interesting, but it might be a little too intense for me, at this time. I may read it at a later date.
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

This sounds like an interesting book. I like psychological thrillers and prison stories. I like hearing that the book is dark and depicts prison realistically. Thanks for your review.
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Roggyrus »

An uprising in a penitentiary. This is a different kind of action. The protagonists are confined within the walls of the prison. Then there is the political aspect of the stand-off. This is not just a conflict between the guards and the inmates, there is more to it than meets the eye. Thank you for you interesting review.
Samanthajayne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthajayne12.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Samanthajayne12 »

Sounds like a good action packed thriller. It’s seems it would be very intense and interesting to follow Hemmings through his role as negotiator.
asaltares
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 232

Post by asaltares »

I like prison stories. Riots are unpredictable. Curious about the course of action Tom will take as negotiator. No doubt is going to be an interesting and exciting read. Congrats for making BOTD.
Surakshita-11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surakshita-11.html
Latest Review: The Mystery Of Flight 2222 by Thomas Neviaser

Post by Surakshita-11 »

Thanks for the review.
I find the character of Tom really interesting and captivating. It would definitely be a good read.
donny_18
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by donny_18 »

Official Review :THE SIEGE
by James Hanna
Publisher: Sand Hill Review Press; 2 edition (February 27, 2014)
Publication Date: February 27, 2014
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
Genre: Thriller
Language: English
ASIN: B00IPROD3U
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥

MY REVIEW:
The Siege is told in a gritty and realistic manner. The story is told in time sequence so you could see the event unfolding one hour at a time.

There were plenty of characters to meet and try to understand. I found likability to be missing for the most part. Everyone was tainted, jaundiced, or hardened by the system they worked and lived in. I did find the personal relationships between some of the characters to be interesting and hopeful. The storyline is interesting as you see the corruption, bad decisions and what can come from those.

The darkness of the material kept me from loving this book. When I read the book I found that I needed breaks due to the harshness of the environment. If you enjoy realism and reading about a dirty, corrupt, and seedy prison underbelly this book will be perfect. It is well written and interesting...I love it.
Last edited by donny_18 on 22 Jul 2018, 04:46, edited 1 time in total.
Stewartclan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Stewartclan »

Siege by James Hanna
An interestingly enthralling novel containing subjects reminiscent of modern day chaos. At first, this book wasn't easy to read. The storyline was unexpectedly stagnant. Other than that, I liked the fact that there is a deeper meaning to this novel. The layout of the story from start to finish can be relatable to readers in so many ways besides it involving prison and inmates. An interesting combination of fear, danger, anger, war and peace. A must read if you're looking for deep!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”