A Brush With The Beast By Richard Sones

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

A Brush With The Beast By Richard Sones

Post by Birdlady1950 »

Christian Fiction

STORY-LINE A BRUSH WITH THE BEAST BY RICHARD SONES:

In A Brush With The Beast the world as we know it is about to end. Three people will find their lives turned upside down as the Beast prepares the world for the final fight between good and evil. Nick Gooseberry, ultra rich and in indescribable pain, finds a group called "The Order" has the answers to his health problems. As he descends into evil, the world's sent into chaos. Fanak's, a bitter youth, filled with hatred for Israel and America becomes the ultimate terrorist. Sarah Johnson, poor and plain with a drug habit, finds herself framed by her boss. While in jail she meets a Christian and develops a thirst for the Bible and God. Survival in the coming world will be hard and when the Beast finds she's pregnant, she and her child are in jeopardy. A new world's coming and survival of body and soul are at stake. My book reviews of A Brush With The Beast follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Richard Sones gives the reader views from three people, each important in the coming battle. Nick's character's the ultimate rich man; concerned only with himself, money, and power, power, power. Fanak's filled with evil, a need for vengeance, religious extremism, and hatred for the Great Satans. Sarah's a lost soul who finds salvation in Jesus.

Interweaving three characters' stories into a single plot, Sones scenes transition smoothly and his writing flows well. The story-line flows naturally and fluidly as Sones takes the reader into a chaotic world ushering in the Antichrist. Using Bible scripture, Sones highlights the salvation plan and the coming events. Whether you are religious, believe in the "end of days" or are a non-believer, this book will grab you and not let go. From each character's back story, pagan rituals, the Mark of Beast, the Tribulation, and world domination, I found myself glued to my E-reader.

MY OPINION:

Oh my, what a roller coaster ride author Richard Sones takes the reader in A Brush With The Beast. A different take on the "end times" or "end of days", I found myself devouring this book. I love "end times books" and never pass up the chance to read a good one. Sones created a very good "end times" scenario; filling it with full-bodied, believable, and well-developed characters. Sones skillfully wove the many threads of the plot lines together to form a solid cohesive book. As a result of the tumultuous times, Sones included some profanity, drugs, pagan rites, and violence. However, in the context of life in the story, I found this realistic. It did not take away from my enjoyment of the plot. No one could detail the entire coming Tribulation period in one book. However, Richard Sones gives the reader an entertaining story with many pieces of the Biblical Tribulation. Suitable for young adults and adults, I would not hesitate to buy this book for myself or a friend.

A BRUSH WITH THE BEAST RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

I look forward to reading more from Richard Sones. Having left the ending of the book somewhat open, I hope he plans a series for this story line.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I received this book from the author and chose to voluntarily review the book with honest Christian fiction book reviews. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. Furthermore, ARC/free books do not affect my Christian fiction book revie
Attachments
51EWBzDs4LL.jpg
51EWBzDs4LL.jpg (51.34 KiB) Viewed 86 times

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”