Official Review: The Piketty Problem by Garth Hallberg

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
WillowStarSerenity
Currently Reading: Loved
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willowstarserenity.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Re: Official Review: The Piketty Problem by Garth Hallberg

Post by WillowStarSerenity »

Very well worded and thought out review. I did get a copy of this book. I'm not sure if it's my thing though. I'm going to give the book a chance anyway. All books deserve a chance at least. Am I the only one who finds the cover a tad creepy?
Quithilion
Currently Reading: It's Time to Align
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quithilion.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Quithilion »

I love comedies, and this one sounds right up my street. I also love the idea of turning all the low paid meaningless jobs over to robots. Yes people would be out of work, but then they might go on to do more with their lives and have a better one than they did before. I'm with the 1% in this one.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Thank you for this highly interesting review. To be frank, the title, subtitle and particularly the front cover of the book had left me confused about the theme. As for 'Piketty', I had absolutely no clue who he might be, hence you owe my thanks for briefing on that also. After reading your review, I am fairly intrigued. A mixture of fun, pun and seriousness is something I feel I must try!
Lg_99
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lg-99.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Terminated by Jack Gold and Marc Debbeaudt

Post by Lg_99 »

I love when authors use humor as a way to make serious topics, well, not so serious. It's a witty way to get a message across. Thank you for the review.
Lenny1886
Currently Reading: Sense and Sensibility
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lenny1886.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Lenny1886 »

This sounds like a very different book written about a topic that I haven’t personally come across a lot. I feel like it’s one that I have to give a try because I don’t think I’ve read one like it before.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

This will be my first book on robots. I'm not used to reading robots books. This review has kindled my appetite for such books. Good review.
Radhika_17
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: The Alchemist
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radhika-17.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by Radhika_17 »

An interesting premise but not within my interest area. Thanks for the detailed review. I’ll pass on this one!
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

I'm not usually a big fan of books about politics but your review makes this book seem like a must read. It has great character interactions, great writing style and humor. From your review and what I read of the book so far, it is a very good read. Plus I do like stories about robots. Thanks for your review.
Sanyesto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanyesto.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Sanyesto »

Fantastic review. A satirical book which I have never read before- to be honest- seem a good deal. This review has left me with the urge to see how the writer presents his views in humour yet it's a serious topic-politics. This is a must read for me.
bootsie0126+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bootsie0126.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01GEW27DA

Post by bootsie0126+ »

In this day and age with Trump being president and all the corrupt political issues that have surfaced, I have found myself more interested in politics and the governing of our country. Even with that being said, this is not a book that I would be interested in reading. Your review was well-written, informative and captured my attention. Both the title and the cover page confused me and I didn't even want to read the review, however, I'm glad I did. Reading your review kept me interested in the content of this book, as well as,thinking about the future and the many possibilities of where this country will be in the age of advance technology.
stedape
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stedape.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by stedape »

The Piketty Problem by Garth Hallberg is a fiction novel. I love the political themes in the book. I should read this soon.
Akinwale Taiwo Ilyas
Currently Reading: Not Dead Yet
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinwale-taiwo-ilyas.html
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy

Post by Akinwale Taiwo Ilyas »

A well written book that discusses different ideas and exploration of the polity. But the outstanding theme is the diverse and conflicting ideas on a certain issue of income inequality in resonance with pikety's idea
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy
Jeconiaomolo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65">Heaven and Earth</a>
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeconiaomolo.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

Thanks for this great review. I was impressed with the great ideas the author was putting across and yet still maintaining humour. I'm not much into politics or robotic things and this will hinder my love for this book.
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for"-
Socrates
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I definitely like the humorous and serious plot all in one. The characters who are entangled in each other as the plot widens are also something to look forward to. Thanks for a wonderful review
Ngent94
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Ngent94 »

The fact that you rated it 4/4 makes me curious. I am not always into this kind of novels but your review hit a spot in my confort zone. Cant wait to turn page1

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”