Official Review: The Piketty Problem by Garth Hallberg

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kakai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Re: Official Review: The Piketty Problem by Garth Hallberg

Post by Kakai »

Fantastic book. I recommend to others to read. I see how characters were connected to each other in the book
Littlecandle
Favorite Book: Pancake Money
Currently Reading: Code Name: Dodger: Operation Rubber Soul
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlecandle.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Littlecandle »

I'm currently reading the book (just finished Chapter 12 and moving on). I'm enjoying it, so far. The economy problem presented in the book is, indeed, a universal issue in the real world.
KLafser
Currently Reading: Nine Perfect Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 574
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klafser.html
Latest Review: The Road From Money by Sylvester Boyd Jr.

Post by KLafser »

Reuben 92 wrote: 26 Oct 2017, 07:06 Perhaps my favourite aspect of the book, however, was the narrative style. Hallberg's writing is so lively and engaging. Puns and wordplay play a huge part in this book, as do all sorts of little verbal quirks and tics unique to its different characters. Hallberg's playing about with language - without ever taking away from a strong plot or becoming too "experimental" - was a real delight. I found myself smiling on many occasions and relishing his wonderful turn of phrase and one-of-a-kind humour. The book was superbly edited, too, which was especially impressive due to the unconventional use of language in many cases. My only warning would be that it is for a mature audience, particularly due to the sexual themes. While there were never explicit descriptions, this aspect still played a key part in the plot, and so it is only suitable for an adult readership.
Like you, I was drawn in by the subtitle and the book quickly went on my 'to read' list. I think your assessment of the puns and wordplay just pushed it to "next in queue". How fun! Really looking forward to reading this! Thank you for a fantastic review!
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

Replacing employees with robots. This is a really serious topic which is presently being highlighted in today's world. However, the author was thoughtful enough to have it presented in a comedic manner. Great review.
Allyseria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allyseria.html
Latest Review: Choosing Happiness by Emily Hunter Slingluff

Post by Allyseria »

I didn't know what to expect when I saw the cover of this book! But after reading your review, I think I would enjoy this book :lol: This topic has often been discussed by myself and my family and I think it's interesting to be able to read these characters' thoughts on the subject :P Thank you for the review!
Triciat50
Favorite Book: The Luminaries
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 558
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-triciat50.html
Latest Review: The Miracle of Ramadan by Wassim Hijazi

Post by Triciat50 »

I am intrigued by how someone could write something funny about an economic theory, but your review shows that it's possible! Social satire is sometimes the best way to get difficult concepts across, and it appears the author has succeeded. Thank you!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”