Official Review: The Piketty Problem by Garth Hallberg

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Melchi Asuma
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: Official Review: The Piketty Problem by Garth Hallberg

Post by Melchi Asuma »

I absolutely love the idea behind this book. However, for some reason it doesn't get me as excited. Not that the review was not good. It was amazing. I just don't think I'll read the book
MA
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

I was very unsure of this book because of the cover. LOL. But after reading your review, I now fully understand what is this book all about, and why is the cover like that. LOL. Thanks for this eye-opener and very honest review. Cheers!
Farmgurl1
Currently Reading: In the Shadow of the Master
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-farmgurl1.html
Latest Review: Betrayal of Justice by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Farmgurl1 »

Based on the review, this book sounds very entertaining. The character development and the humor is something I would really enjoy. Also the story-line where all of the characters get mixed up with each other and the talk of robots sounds like a riot, although probably not as far away from reality as we may think. I plan to add this to my to read list.
bakimono13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bakimono13.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by bakimono13 »

This is the longgest review I have ever read so far. Thank you for your great review! But despite your great review I'm so sorry if I can't read the whole book myself though its free. Its just that political is not my genre.
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

First of all, thanks for your review! It is great to know about an author that writes about important topics with a humoristic touch. I am not sure if this book is for me, but your review makes me wonder, what is happening at the end, so maybe, I will give it a try.
vinodsai
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 299

Post by vinodsai »

Thanks for your honest review. The Piketty Problem explains serious topics like economics in a funny way. Garth Hallberg manages to explain theories of wealth gap in his book.
rnraa99
Currently Reading: Call Me by Your Name
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by rnraa99 »

This review makes me want to read the book even more. I read the sample and I really enjoy author’s that link the characters to create tension and makes the plot better through their interconnection. I’ve never read books in this genre, but there’s always a first in everything.
CatMomof7
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catmomof7.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by CatMomof7 »

In reading just a smidgen of this book I was hooked. Now after reading your well thought out and well written review I am definitely adding this to my book shelves to my 'want-to-read" section.
I am not a political person but have an opinion regarding this last election and loved reading the first few chapters of this book. How it was presented, as you say, in the dialog, was ingenious. Can't wait to finish reading it to find out what happens to each character.
Loved your review, it covered the information in the book, the story, the editing and the characters without giving away the ending or how they got to it.
Thank you so much for your work on it. :techie-studyinggray:
Tsundoku_diva
Currently Reading: Raising Catholic Children
Bookshelf Size: 1074

Post by Tsundoku_diva »

I am reading many reviews about it in facebook and here and I wonder the contents of it and how the author tries to tackle today’s technology and its impact on society‬ but reading your review gave me the clear picture. I may not get the enjoyment it supposed to deliver so I am changing my mind... I’ll keep it shelved for now
rave_2
Currently Reading: A Word so Fitly Spoken
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rave-2.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by rave_2 »

Sounds like an interesting book! And I like that there's a bit of humor. :)
Just reading... :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyinggray:
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
Sammie90
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sammie90 »

Wow. This review makes me want to read the book itself. It seems like a full package, humour and serious matters. I will surely read it.
Emmanae
Currently Reading: The Power
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanae.html
Latest Review: Discover Your Thinner Self by David Medansky
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Emmanae »

I read the first chapter and it seems like it could be good, but I’m not sure. I’m not scared of clowns but even I was put off by Ronald on the cover, but from the review it sounds like that’s meant to represent Donald and that would put me off even more. 😂 Thanks!
Miss_BeckyG
Currently Reading: Behind Broken Glass Walls
Bookshelf Size: 1129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-beckyg.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Miss_BeckyG »

Great review Reuben 92. My interest in the book piqued after reading the review. Very refreshing how the author uses humour to tackle serious issues. The book does sound well written and balanced.
“ Ego says, "Once everything falls into place, I'll feel peace." Spirit says "Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place." ”
Marianne Williamson
Capitz22
Currently Reading: Island Games: The four Quadrants
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-capitz22.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Capitz22 »

Thanks for this very good review, I definitely look forward to reading this book that somehow your review makes me think of Kurt Vonnegut's style.
Afoaayoe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Afoaayoe »

Most of our problem in marriage is when one of the couple could not satisfy the other. the issue of high libido will brake the home!!!
Good review anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”