Official Review: Willy B. Superstar by Dennis N. Ricci

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Official Review: Willy B. Superstar by Dennis N. Ricci

Post by readandsmile »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Willy B. Superstar" by Dennis N. Ricci.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

All athletes can relate to this phrase because this is common in game competition.
“Nobody understands how hard it is to win and how much it hurts to lose.” -- Tony LaRussa.
In baseball the pitcher carries the seed of the game in a person's hand. The game is not about physical size and strength but of coordination, agility, and brains. Dennis Ricci gives us exciting life lessons on winning, betrayal, and defeat in this book that entitled Willy B Superstar. He worked as a freelance marketing strategist, copywriter, and instructional designer. He also mentors aspiring writers, conducts writing workshops, and advises marketing professionals on strategy and content.

The headquarters of the New York Diamonds in Manhattan discuss who will be the perfect pitcher for the coming game. Could this be Willy Mae Beal? Willy was unable to concentrate as the game started. She is the first woman ever to play big league baseball. How can a lady able to play exclusively on a male domain game like baseball? Is this because she is a granddaughter of a professional baseball player?

In this book, I found that we cannot please every one when our achievements sore high. Many people adore Willy as a baseball pitcher but some people don’t like her. When everyone else expected you to excel and yet you missed it, it sounds like that the game is over. What if you lose the game? How do you manage your own defeat in a game? Do you easily accepted it or can not move on? When you manage to cheer up yourself, being optimistic and focus will give you success. Even if you experienced loses but your character wins the heart of your followers.

Willy became the “Ace” in the New York Diamond's team that made her called “Willy B Superstar.” She is the star of millions of people but who will be the star in her heart? Is it the owner of the Diamonds or one of her teammates? Her carrier is fabulous but her love life is full of imagination and question. Will she have a family of her own or just a celibate life?

Willy noticed that her uncle cheated on her in terms of money. Her teammates observed something that her mind was not in the game. Her team wanted her to relax and play next season or once a week. After hearing that Willy become angry and got wild. Some of her teammates help her to recover from hurt out of Fabian’s decision to remove her. She was even accused of using drugs because of her violent reactions. How could her team help her in her lowest situation? Willy’s down moments made her realized that people cared on her situation and wanted to help. Press conference is the best way to regain reputation out of bad humor. Willy little by little recovers from her downfall experiences.

I like how the author balances the career and family matters in this book because it happens in real situation. Our home is the best place to regain what we have lost. Willy go back home to have a bonding with her mother. We can play or work with pain, but we can’t do it when it hurts.

Willy B Superstar is back but not in her former team. Willy was traded in the Buffalo Wolves and she became the Buffalo’s strongest pitcher ever. They won and play from local to international baseball league. Three months after the New York Diamonds rejected her, Willy B. Superstar was going back to the New York Diamond’s field. My excitement grows higher when the next generation of Armstrong Crawford the father of Youngblood Crawford and Ruben Henry the grandfather of Willy Mae Beal never played on a world champion before but this time, Youngblood and Willy will continue the game of the former players. Whose team will win? Is it the team of Youngblood Crawford of the New York Diamonds or the team of Willy Mae Beal in the Buffalo Wolves? How can she beat the Diamonds when she fell apart under pressure? Willy give her best that makes the people cheers the more and in standing ovation.

Suddenly, no one noticed that Willy’s legs went numb and she fell to the ground. Willy’s teammates rushed to her, not to celebrate, but to see what happened. Problems arise in Willy’s team, one of her mates got into an accident before their game with the Diamonds, during the game her other teammate suffered injury and Willy’s hidden sickness got fatal. How could the Buffalo Wolves stand upon their crisis? Remember, in baseball it isn’t always about winning or losing and it isn’t all about money either but all about fun and enjoyment.

Willy’s love life career makes me more excited to read this book. She made a surprise announcement that she’s pregnant. How? When? Who? Why? How can she manage her marriage on her busy schedules and keep it a secret over millions of viewers? And her final word upon seeing the game field,
it’s in your genes, baby girl. Your mommy was the first, but she won’t be the last. We’ll be back!
The bad words between the lines is my negative comment on this book but it does not hinder me to rate it 4 out of 4 stars. The lesson I learned on this book matters most than on it’s negative side. “You” is often substituted as “ya” in this book. The writing style is good and I haven’t found any misspelled. This book is suited for baseball player and to all athletes. They can easily comprehend the language usage on this book as the book is jargon to the athletic world. I would recommend this book to adult only because of some bad words and cigarette smoking.

Willy B. Superstar
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like readandsmile's review? Post a comment saying so!
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

Willy's story is a great one. Very inspiring. I admire her enthusiasm to excell at her craft besides the challenges.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-al-chakauya.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Al Chakauya »

An inspiring story, I guess. Not my kind of book though. A good review.
Caleb001
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Caleb001 »

I'm in love with this
readandsmile

Post by readandsmile »

thank you very much for reading my review. I am happy with all of you guys, Mercy Bolo, Al chakauya, caleb001.
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
kwahu
Favorite Author: Kathleen Geiger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwahu.html
Latest Review: The Ripples Spread by Fay Spurgin
fav_author_id: 73488

Post by kwahu »

I will say that, deciding to feature in a male dominated game was quite brilliant and daring for Willy. Her story sounds fascinating, and real. I may not want to read the book though, because I don't think it's my cup of tea. Great review.
readandsmile

Post by readandsmile »

kwahu wrote:I will say that, deciding to feature in a male dominated game was quite brilliant and daring for Willy. Her story sounds fascinating, and real. I may not want to read the book though, because I don't think it's my cup of tea. Great review.
Thank you very much for reading my review. It is very rare and unique. I really admire those women who played male domain game.
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

A very determined sportwoman I should say. Iam sure her superstar dad played a part in nurturing her daughter's future. Thanks for your review readandsmile.
readandsmile

Post by readandsmile »

Quinto wrote:A very determined sportwoman I should say. Iam sure her superstar dad played a part in nurturing her daughter's future. Thanks for your review readandsmile.
Actually, you will be amazed when you read it and you will always be excited what will happened next. Her dad? You will know when you read it. Thanks for viewing.
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
n-dai che
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-dai-che.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by n-dai che »

We can play or work with pain, but we can’t do it when it hurts. I like this phrase, I really agree with this. I can relate to this. Nice book, I want to try. Great review.
readandsmile

Post by readandsmile »

pricessbianca28 wrote:We can play or work with pain, but we can’t do it when it hurts. I like this phrase, I really agree with this. I can relate to this. Nice book, I want to try. Great review.
thank you for visiting my page. I am happy to more of your future reviews. welcome to OBC :lol:
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1375
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: All That I Love by Hina Yu Cao

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

Nobody understands how hard it is to win and how much it hurts to lose.” -- Tony LaRussa.

Nice review, I like that phrase, I can relate. Maybe this book is not just all about games but on how to deal with others.
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
readandsmile

Post by readandsmile »

jeminah28 wrote:Nobody understands how hard it is to win and how much it hurts to lose.” -- Tony LaRussa.

Nice review, I like that phrase, I can relate. Maybe this book is not just all about games but on how to deal with others.
Thanks for reading my reading my review. That phrase is my favorite part because it is common not just about game but in all aspects of life. :lol:
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
HouseOfAtticus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houseofatticus.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by HouseOfAtticus »

This is an absolutely wonderful review. Thank you so much for writing this. It is really helpful. This is going on my to read.
readandsmile

Post by readandsmile »

HouseOfAtticus wrote:This is an absolutely wonderful review. Thank you so much for writing this. It is really helpful. This is going on my to read.
I am happy that you want to read it. Be patience on reading, it is quite long but I bet that you will enjoy reading this one. :lol: :techie-reference: 8)
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”