Official Review: Sister Carrie by William

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Re: Official Review: Sister Carrie by William

Post by bookowlie »

CommMayo wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 15:24 Thank you for the interesting review. It almost sounds like you were generous with the 3 out of 4 review...I often wish it was out of 5 or 10 stars!
Thanks for the kind words. I struggled with the rating with this book and decided to be generous due to being moved by the main character. You have a good point about wanting more stars to pick from! There is no "middle ground" with a 4-star system.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

kandscreeley wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 10:38 Your review was quite thorough. It sounds like a nice short story that couldbe developed into something a bit longer and more detailed. Still, I'm intrigued by what happens to the two sisters after the abrupt marriage. Thanks!
Thanks Kandscreeley! The book was more of a novella (approx. 120 pages) than a short story, but I definitely would have liked it to be expanded. There are long time jumps and I would have liked more info about the married couple's life.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Triciat50
Favorite Book: The Luminaries
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 558
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-triciat50.html
Latest Review: The Miracle of Ramadan by Wassim Hijazi

Post by Triciat50 »

Thank you for your detailed and honest review. Sometimes a book just doesn't hit the target, and it's nice to know ahead of time.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”