Official Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sicily Joy
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 906
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sicily-joy.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Re: Official Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Sicily Joy »

I really enjoyed the sample. However, I didn't know from the sample, that the story was going to delve into their troubled marriage, medical and legal issues. Your review was very detailed and highlighted well what the story is about and where it leads. From the sample and your review, it seems to be a book that has well-developed characters and focuses on the relationships in the story. I will definitely be adding this book to my want to read shelf. Thank you for your review.
bellaterrabooks
Currently Reading: On the Rez
Bookshelf Size: 256
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellaterrabooks.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by bellaterrabooks »

The Spirit of Want presents as a multifaceted story of intrigue based upon the description and the sample. Beyond reaching a foregone conclusion, the reader can stay in the dark regarding the outcome of the plot and the fate of the characters given that these features are unpredictable. This characteristic engages the reader as it allows the aforementioned to stay in suspense until the outcome of the story. Additionally, the characters are multi-layered individuals, which makes them realistic and relatable. Rather than writing the characters as one dimensional, the author has created characters that have psyches that are like real-life characters, which makes this book further intriguing for a reader’s perspective. Based on this review, I think that this book is definitely one to be added to my to-be-read list.
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Thanks for the review! I like Cole’s unique take on writing! This book seems like another carefully crafted work of his. Seeing as I particularly have bod easier to follow the lives of the characters I’ll have to pass on this book. I’m glad you enjoyed it though, and found it fascinating :)
carolyne chepkoech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by carolyne chepkoech »

A great review. The fascinating introduction to the review itself is enough to make one get down with the book. Relationships nowadays with the demands of work field are complicated.What became of Luke and Lucy? It will drive me to read the book.Thank you for the review.
Jhadee10
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jhadee10 »

This is a good book for all to understand the difference of wants and need for a certain situation we encountered in life. This could open up our knowledge to determine wants.
VoltArch777
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas

Post by VoltArch777 »

Wow.. This i would love to read. I like the fact that despite it being a product of mare fiction, it carries an element of the real life struggle such as battling emotions that would seem ethically and culturally off. Emotions that makes us begin to question the correlation between our commitments and our true desires in real life.
The source of the novel might be fictional, but i'm pretty sure William H. Close will connect so many people to our real world with "The Spirit Of WANT".
BJoann1978
Currently Reading:

Post by BJoann1978 »

I really enjoyed the introduction to The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles. It makes me want to find and read the whole book. I would be interested in other works written by this author.
Zain A Blade
Favorite Book: Find You and Find Everything
Currently Reading: The End of the Beginning
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zain-a-blade.html
Latest Review: Swordpoint by David Crane

Post by Zain A Blade »

I'm intrigued with the family drama in the book, and the way the story deals with human relationships feels very realistic.
Zain A Blade
Favorite Book: Find You and Find Everything
Currently Reading: The End of the Beginning
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zain-a-blade.html
Latest Review: Swordpoint by David Crane

Post by Zain A Blade »

I'm intrigued by the family drama in the book, and the way the story deals with human relationships feels very realistic.
CheyenneR
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheyenner.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by CheyenneR »

I'm very interested in the big religion and law aspects of this book so this might be an interesting read.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

With medical, legal, religious and relationship themes, this book definitely has a lot going on. I'm not sure what will become of Lucy and Luke or their daughter, but it sounds like there is no clear definition of who is right and truthful in the story, so it may be up to the reader to decide. Great review.
Ali022
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Ali022 »

I really enjoyed the sample of the book spiritual want by william coles. I like how the story was written in its first few chapters. There is something very intriguing in every character that you may want to know.. i will definitely add this book to my bookshelves to finish reading it. :D
Daryl Chris

Post by Daryl Chris »

i like the mystery in the story,i'll look into this
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

It will be interesting to read this book from the three perspectives mentioned in the review, i.e., legal, medical and religious angles. I also like that the book receives a stellar rating. Thanks for an interesting review.
Amyb77
Favorite Book: Meditations to the other side
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Amyb77 »

What I have read so far makes me want to read more if just to see how well the surgoun and Daughter of the wealthy boss survive the car crash. Also to find out if the racist thing in her family will be resolved or maybe she will be reunited with her birth family.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”