Official Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Juliana_Isabella
Currently Reading: Modern Death
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliana-isabella.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Re: Official Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Juliana_Isabella »

Thanks for this review. I always like hearing that authors have done their research and that it shows in their novels.
Falconcrest
Currently Reading: Brass Rail
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falconcrest.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Falconcrest »

This is a great book has a unique plot and is a quick read. Thanks for a thorough review.
Estrellah254
Currently Reading: Vegan for Her: The Woman's Guide to Being Healthy and Fit on a Plant-Based Diet
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-estrellah254.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Estrellah254 »

This is an amazing review. The book seems interesting and I will make sure I read it.
jennydelacruz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennydelacruz.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by jennydelacruz »

You had me at "Imagine a story where drama in the medical, legal, and religious arenas meld together to tell a tale that will make your head spin." It sounds like a well-researched book! Thank you for the great review!
Triciat50
Favorite Book: The Luminaries
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 558
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-triciat50.html
Latest Review: The Miracle of Ramadan by Wassim Hijazi

Post by Triciat50 »

Thank you for your insight that the author seems to have researched the medical field well--I really hate getting into a story and halfway through you realize that the author has no clue about the setting of the novel, even if the characters are well drawn.
Blackstenius
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackstenius.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Blackstenius »

I previously read one of William Coles' historical fiction books by the name Tour of Duty and I enjoyed it a bunch. The way he brought historical facts about the Cold War era by incorporating it into a lovely fictional story was masterful and made it an enjoyable learning experience for me, which I bet wouldn't have been the same if id straight up read a nonfiction account of the same--I think it would have been boring. From this review, I can tell that the reading experience is the same with this book. I love the complex plot of this book; the idea of blending religion, medicine/science and law into one story is amazing, something that promises a pulsating read. I would love to know what the catastrophic event that brought Luke and Lucy together was. "Marriage is not just built on love, but also on history and need." That's an interesting take, too. Thank you for the suspenseful review, it was so pleasant to read.
The gift turned out to be a curse. They killed him with kindness.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”