Official Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Re: Official Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

The Spirit of Want is one of my favorite reads. The author of this novel, Willam H. Coles is a remarkable writer who creates amazing characters and pens a fitting narrative for the storyline. The Spirit of Want is not an exception to this. This novel has an emotional, psychologically deep, and enticing plot. The story reveals the depth of complex human relationships that exist in the society. Reading this novel is worthwhile because of the smart, powerful storyline, and the intrigue it carries. I wish to read more of his novels in the coming days. I recommend this literary romance fiction for all adults.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

The review is very intriguing. While reading the sample I almost forgot that the book takes place in the 1980's. I also found the story line to be fast paced, which I liked. I can't wait to finish it and see how the book plays out for myself. The review got me very interested in finding out about Luke and Lucy.
Aditi1992
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditi1992.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Aditi1992 »

Thanks for the great review. I have read the work of William Coles earlier and I loved it. This story seems to be a great one too as it revolves around the married relationship between the two awfully busy couple. It would be interesting to read how they manage their relationship as couple when they are also parents to Jennifer. The work is an amalgamation
of medical,religion and legal work. This must be a good book. Kudos to the author!
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

I sampled the book on Amazon. It is a fiction novel which starts with a character called Lucy. She meets Luke and the story begins. I personally, was not hooked to this read and did not find anything compelling or mesmerising. Thank you.
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
ducksphilip
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 34

Post by ducksphilip »

The Spirit of Want. I was held spell bound as I read the review. Was Lucy actually in love or she was driven by the Spirit of lust? The human spirit always seek to satisfy it's desire, which might lead to a frustrating adventure; this maniac desire saw Lucy in Africa. I have to act fast and add this book to my shelf.
eddix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddix.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by eddix »

Thanks for your great review. This sounds like a worthy book, so I think I'll add to my collection.
theophilus 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by theophilus 1 »

This is an awesome context to depict the whole clear picture of what William Coles was intending in his book.i pity anyone who misses this fantastic book. it's Moral and learning aid on this current world.
Adizzle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Adizzle »

Human relationships are indeed complex. This definitely sounds good and interesting a book to read. Looking at human relationships from Mr Cole's eyes will definitely be nice. Thanks for this great and insightful review. Awesome!
asere_maryanne
Currently Reading: Source
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asere-maryanne.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by asere_maryanne »

I usually enjoy the unpredictable nature of relationships. Nice to know that the book was well thought out. Thanks for the review.
Obinna476
Currently Reading: Resilience: A Workbook
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Obinna476 »

The Spirit Of Want by Williams H Cole share a deep insight into the trio of legal, medical and religion relativity. A creative story line with anecdotes, emotionally driven with real life fact that kept me breathing.
PalsRav
Currently Reading:

Post by PalsRav »

:D Wow .. What a start of the Novel - just the sample pages itself was so interesting.
The narration of the characters seems alive and makes you believe in them.
Loved the sample of the Novel -urging to read more
esther nnakire
Currently Reading:

Post by esther nnakire »

This book looks good, I am looking forward to read it. That is an interesting review
Victoria6163

Post by Victoria6163 »

I read the book.but I didn't like how the book ended.i couldn't wait to get it over with.i didn't understand the connection between some characters.the book was a bit confusing.and I agree with marisarose things did happen at random..
Doug Jones
Currently Reading: Beyond Denial
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doug-jones.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Doug Jones »

I wasn't as favorable as you were, though my concerns had more to do with the book layout and characterization of Lucy in particular, though the others weren't edifying characters either. Still, I thought the book was worth reading despite that, and as you say, there is value in having more than one point of view on a book. Thanks for sharing yours.
adefolakemi7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adefolakemi7.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by adefolakemi7 »

Excellent review. I read the book and felt exactly the same way.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”