Official Review: The Second Cup by Sarah Marie Graye

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Whitney Marchelle
Currently Reading: Clan and Conscience (Clan beginnings Book 6)
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whitney-marchelle.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Re: Official Review: The Second Cup by Sarah Marie Graye

Post by Whitney Marchelle »

Great review, Great story, Great friendships, this seems like a good read for everyone.
chrystalheart
Currently Reading: Fire and fury
Bookshelf Size: 725
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystalheart.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by chrystalheart »

This book reminds me painfully of my younger self. The struggle to fit in is real. The casual cruelty is real. And the crushing, soul-evisceration of failed romances is also real. Well done!
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Sounds like a wonderful book of friendship. Also showing how different personalities might mesh together. I hope they can rebuild the friendship after the tragedy. Everyone needs good true friends.
Lg_99
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lg-99.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Terminated by Jack Gold and Marc Debbeaudt

Post by Lg_99 »

It seems like an interesting story that deals with topics that are very frequent in our society, such as mental health and one's insecurities. I may give this book a try. Thank you for the review.
Gods Monkey
Currently Reading: The Morning Mind
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gods-monkey.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Gods Monkey »

This book holds no interest to me. It’s a well written review but not a book I would read. The concept of the story reminds me of “The Sisterhood of Traveling Pants”.
Tabby_T
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Tabby_T »

Sounds like a good read. You were clearly able to enter into the interior lives of the characters, which sound well-formed. So often in literature, as in life, it is people's frailties that make them interesting. Nice review!
Phikim
Favorite Book: Skills of the Warramunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phikim.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Post by Phikim »

Nice story though character confusion at the initial stages. It's a story to envy. Congrats on being BOTD.
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

I added this book to my Want To Read shelf despite the fact that I usually go for lighter reads. I think somewhere down the road, I'll choose to read. Discussing mental health will be apart of my life as my future profession calls for it, and I would like to get another perspective of it. Thanks for the review!
mandalee519
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandalee519.html
Latest Review: "Purgatory a rockstars journey into hell" by Jennifer Nickell
Reading Device: B00IOVUXL8

Post by mandalee519 »

This review is very insightful! I love that you shared the point of views that author used because it will help to avoid some confusion for other readers. You have a very detailed summary of what the book is about which helps us decide if we want to read also. I see that you mentioned that the book tackles sensitive issues like mental health. I think this is extremely important! The fact that the author chose to include this concept is exceptional. It very well may help readers in their everyday lives. Thanks for a great review!
Latest Review: "Purgatory a rockstars journey into hell" by Jennifer Nickell
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

From your review, it seems like a realistic and well written book. Congrats to the author on the 4/4 review.
Gbemisola
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gbemisola.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Gbemisola »

I can imagine how confusing it would be when a book is written in both first and third person perspective and switching constantly between the two perspectives. I'm glad you enjoyed the book but I don't like such melancholic reads. Thanks for the insightful review.
tamdlyte
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ittersweet: Sanctuary (Part 1 of 3)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by tamdlyte »

So, probably not going to be a book I would actively seek out to read.
It also looked at the various coping methods which people utilize, whether it be alcohol abuse or projecting an over confident, eccentric facade.
I don't have a lot of empathy for alcohol as a coping skill since I've had to deal with the people who use and abuse such, and, in turn, use and abuse the people around them afterwards. So, I don't really feel the need to read about it even if they aren't doing hurtful things in the story. Just a preference, I guess, ;)
Princessgrace
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Princessgrace »

I did not care for this book, switching back and forth between first person to someones else talking about Faith and Jack was confusing. Also it seemed to me the author was trying to impress the reader with her knowledge of words. I closed it after the first chapter so Jack and Fsith is as far as I got
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

While this doesn't seem like a book I would read to the end, I do love your review of it.
neelamsajid
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by neelamsajid »

the review was having a personal rather than an impartial touch.story however sounds unique and interesting.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”