Official Review: The Second Cup by Sarah Marie Graye

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Umm_Zahra
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0686">From Drift to SHIFT</a>
Currently Reading: Breaking Point
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umm-zahra.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Re: Official Review: The Second Cup by Sarah Marie Graye

Post by Umm_Zahra »

People tend to shy away from mental health issues so, it's brave that Graye apparently delved deep into a neglected but important topic.
Lonika Isaac
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lonika Isaac »

Will your life unravel when someone you knew committed suicide .
It's nice introduction
Aquaria
Currently Reading: Murder in Memory
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aquaria.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Aquaria »

Thank you for the really insightful review. I like to read books written in the first person. As they are four different female characters, it seems to be a chance to read a full-fledged view on a real life.
samantha_nichols_70
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by samantha_nichols_70 »

i liked your opinions on the book as well as the sample i read. the characters seemed real, i could sympathise most with Faye, being an artist myself.
Phantom_p

Post by Phantom_p »

I think this book is unique, being narrated from different perspective and being realistic.
phemmaj
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 39

Post by phemmaj »

Although the story is about friendship but it look at various aspects like self examination, mental fitness and ability of individual to handle life matters. The review is inviting.
Ashline_Mae

Post by Ashline_Mae »

As for me this book is really interesting. Friendship is so important for me at the point that I'd choose them over everything that makes me happy. I'll even choose frirndship over my relationship with my lover. Friends are the one who stayed much more longer than your lover and they are the ones who stayed by your side even if they've seen you at your worst you're still the best for them. There's no heart breaking than having a friendship over.
Afoaayoe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Afoaayoe »

Most of the time you meet new friends and they become part and passel of your life. Sometimes Fate! But the most important is your experience with them and relationship. This book is so wide and it teaches the way of life with and how to relate well with your friends and other people.
John vianney22
Currently Reading:

Post by John vianney22 »

Are we living our lives in full? What a question with deep insights. Thanks for the review, i love it.
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

Thanks for the review - this sounds like a really great book that deals with a lot of real-life issues. I like the fact that the characters are realistic and that the book does deal with 'sensitive issues' such as Depression and suicide.
Lonika Isaac

Post by Lonika Isaac »

Have come to understand that friendship is worth relationship ,your friends are the best people to have than your lovers
EllonLecha

Post by EllonLecha »

wow.....these is amazing if most of the youth and elders can read it I am sure they will learn a lot, its inspiring and motivating. keep it up!!!!
Kinkini
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinkini.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by Kinkini »

I really liked how the story has been weaved. Four different characters, different outlook, yet so close to each other. Experiences teach us how to cope in life, how one can deal with their inner demons. It is a fantastic journey
Isaac Agnes
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Isaac Agnes »

The story is awesome and motivates young people.
Amystl26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amystl26.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by Amystl26 »

Ohhh this sounds like a great read! The idea of following character individually and then collectively as a group sounds really appealing to me. I love watching my characters grow!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”