Review of The Gromes in "A Top Hat Day"

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anu Anand
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Review of The Gromes in "A Top Hat Day"

Post by Anu Anand »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Gromes in "A Top Hat Day"" by Zed.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The "Gromes'' are hairy, dog-like creatures that can walk upright on two legs. They live in another dimension called Gromeland. Four of the Gromes—Bob, Humphrey, George, and Veronica—accidentally crash through a portal from that dimension into our world in the 1950s UK. They land at the house of an old married couple, Ted and Rosie. After talking, they come to an agreement that the Gromes will help all they can with Ted and Rosie’s quest to take part in their final ballroom dancing competition. In turn, Ted and Rosie will do all they can to get the Gromes back in their world. The Gromes pretend to be from outer Mongolia in order to blend in with our society. They race through a riotous, humorous, exciting, and sometimes scary romp across the UK and the USA. Read "The Gromes in 'A Top Hat Day'" by Zed Rodgers and embark on a funny and adventurous journey.

I found the book incredibly funny and enjoyable to read. The variety of incidents, including bank robberies, car chases, kidnappings, and shootouts, kept things fascinating. The characters are well-developed and hilarious, especially the Gromes. This book is definitely not serious; it's an easy, fast-paced, and quirky read that stands out for its uniqueness. I loved all the characters, and the Gromes' dancing skills were amazing. The author's smooth writing style made it easy to imagine the whole scenario. The chase involving Pete and his gang, Ted, Rosie, the Gromes, and the police was so funny that I giggled a lot while reading it. I was particularly impressed by the Gromes' unique ability to sense people's auras.

The book was a good, relaxing read, perfect for all ages. The funny and chaotic incidents are sure to bring a smile to any reader's face. The book is professionally edited, as I only found a few punctuation errors, which didn't detract from the overall experience. There's nothing I dislike about this book; I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, and thus I rate it 5 out of 5. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a funny, lighthearted, and entertaining read.

The Gromes in "A Top Hat Day"
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
David Awunor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-awunor.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by David Awunor »

The book seems like an enjoyable read, and the cover particularly caught my eye.
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading: One Year, One Night
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Sarah Zain »

Your enthusiasm for the story shows its quality. It's nice that you enjoyed reading the book. I will add it to my list. The review is refreshing and enjoyable thank you Anu.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Coffee, Kisses, and Bullets
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 68%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

Sometimes, quirky stories are the best kind. You've piqued my interest with this review, and I'm adding it to my list. Thanks.
Harshitha Nayak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: Fetlocks and Fisticuffs by SV Brown
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

This book seems interesting with fantastic book cover page and unique theme of different creature helping old couple to achieve some goals. Good review.
Marvelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by Marvelly »

This book catches my attention with its fascinating cover and unique premise, where various creatures assist an elderly couple in achieving their goals. Your review is insightful and encouraging. I'm eager to dive into this captivating story and explore its imaginative and heartwarming moments.
Dhanya Sudhi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dhanya Sudhi »

This book catches my attention with its fascinating cover and unique premise.
You've piqued my interest with this review.thanks for the review
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 206
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition) by Dr. Colleen Huber

Post by Gerry Steen »

A funny, lighthearted, and entertaining read is sometimes what people need to set their reset button. A book such as this can distract you from you troubles and boredom. In the end it can invigorate you. The gromes are an imaginative creation by the author to catch our attention and draw us into another world. The craziness of bank robberies, car chases, kidnappings, and shootouts is enough to keep me enthralled by a story. Sign me up! Thank you for this great review!
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 116%

Post by RJ Reviews »

Now I am curious to know more about Gromes and Gromeland. The humor part intrigues me. A story full of hilarious incidents and characters definitely needs to be added to TBR. I loved reading your review. As always, it's detailed and insightful. Thank you.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”