Official Review: Hiramic Brotherhood: Ezekiel's Temple Pr...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Re: Official Review: Hiramic Brotherhood: Ezekiel's Temple P

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

Trust Julius to pick the books with heavy, thought for cooking topics! That's why you are a valuable member of this team Julius. Thanks for the review.
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

Kelebogile Mbangi wrote:Trust Julius to pick the books with heavy, thought for cooking topics! That's why you are a valuable member of this team Julius. Thanks for the review.
Hahaha ? OK. I actually ignored this book for like 10 days. I loved the topic but it's not a popular one. Not many options lately :roll2:
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

I'm surely reading this one, I'm (also) looking into some writings, cool stuff, great review. I hope "God's people" don't get you
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

geoffrey ngoima wrote:I'm surely reading this one, I'm (also) looking into some writings, cool stuff, great review. I hope "God's people" don't get you
Hah! I hope so too. So sad how this conspiracy plays out in our time...
geoffrey ngoima

juliusotinyo wrote:
geoffrey ngoima wrote:I'm surely reading this one, I'm (also) looking into some writings, cool stuff, great review. I hope "God's people" don't get you
Well, it is written, & who can scrub off what God has written...
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

geoffrey ngoima wrote:
juliusotinyo wrote:
Well, it is written, & who can scrub off what God has written...
I'd beg to disagree with this statement, but, my feelings on this matter have been described as 'agnostic.' let's just say, I don't think the real God would play such petty politics.
geoffrey ngoima

Oh, I'm not talking about this particular predictions, if it is a prediction, just the "Revelations" thing/phenomena,... I don't really know much about this book but it reminded me of the Jerusalem temple that will 'crop up' in the last days...just a small part of a big picture.
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Actually, this book is all about this 'temple prophecy.' I've never believed in this. Especially if it meant demeaning other humans who believe in a different endgame. We are just spectators I guess...
geoffrey ngoima

juliusotinyo wrote:Actually, this book is all about this 'temple prophecy.' I've never believed in this. Especially if it meant demeaning other humans who believe in a different endgame. We are just spectators I guess...
I have to read this book, the Israelis get a little rushed/careless/ruthless with their response (from News outlets) I understand,.. but I'm not usually well conversant with world/local news, it gets a little boring/pointless for me.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Religion is such a touchy subject. I believe in respecting people's choices, but I also believe that violence is not godly, whichever god one worships.

Juliusotinyo, I appreciate your passionate view against war. Having actively participated in it as a soldier, you have seen its evil claws up close.
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Miriam Molina wrote:Religion is such a touchy subject. I believe in respecting people's choices, but I also believe that violence is not godly, whichever god one worships.

Juliusotinyo, I appreciate your passionate view against war. Having actively participated in it as a soldier, you have seen its evil claws up close.
Hi Molina,
That's why I tried ignoring this book at first despite my initial interest. I was quite high up in the levels before the 20th September update (Scott nearly killed me with this!) But there were no other paid books to read for close to a month.

Thanks for your comments. War is actually counter to peace whichever way you look at it. Even more useless is using faith as a cause to justify oppression of others. Like the mistreatment of Palestinians.
geoffrey ngoima

juliusotinyo wrote:
Miriam Molina wrote:Religion is such a touchy subject. I believe in respecting people's choices, but I also believe that violence is not godly, whichever god one worships.

Hi Molina,
That's why I tried ignoring this book at first despite my initial interest. I was quite high up in the levels before the 20th September update (Scott nearly killed me with this!) But there were no other paid books to read for close to a month.

Thanks for your comments. War is actually counter to peace whichever way you look at it. Even more useless is using faith as a cause to justify oppression of others. Like the mistreatment of Palestinians.
I agree, like my signature says, "To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson"
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Thanks Geoff, I've been ignoring those ? nice signature, might borrow it. Trying to come up with a very cryptic but cool sounding one.

PS: kwani hulali? I don't expect Kenyans to be up by now!

-- 01 Oct 2017, 05:26 --

@geoffreyngoima

-- 01 Oct 2017, 05:36 --

PS: @Miriam Molina, I speak for most people when I say this, but one tends to question the will and presence of God/gods in a warzone. Not so much for the sake of your own life, but for terror it inflicts on the innocent.

@geoffreyngoima, I think I've just found my signature ?
geoffrey ngoima

I'm a night owl
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

geoffrey ngoima wrote:I'm a night owl
I am more of a seize-the-day type. Good day!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”