Official Review: Hiramic Brotherhood: Ezekiel's Temple Pr...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ReviewerDiksha
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Re: Official Review: Hiramic Brotherhood: Ezekiel's Temple P

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

I like reading the books which exploit the factual evidences to create a fictional world. By the sound it, it looks like a Dan Brown novel. Your review was awesome. I will try to get a copy of it ASAP.
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

ReviewerDiksha wrote:I like reading the books which exploit the factual evidences to create a fictional world. By the sound it, it looks like a Dan Brown novel. Your review was awesome. I will try to get a copy of it ASAP.
Thanks, it was a good read. You will be bombarded with facts, the notebook I used is as big as a small novel.
Cloe101
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cloe101.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Cloe101 »

I would like to read on what inspired the rise of Islamic radicals worldwide, Julius. Thanks for the nice review.
What you want is 15 Christmases on December 25th, 15 birthdays, 15 years of sleeping next to him and waking up with him
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Cloe101 wrote:I would like to read on what inspired the rise of Islamic radicals worldwide, Julius. Thanks for the nice review.
Then this will be your book, thanks @Cloe101
Ashley Simon
Currently Reading: Zero K
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-simon.html
Latest Review: "Bible Answers" by Roseline Gaston Rabouin

Post by Ashley Simon »

Doesn't sound like my type of book, especially with the errors. Thanks for the detailed review
Latest Review: "Bible Answers" by Roseline Gaston Rabouin
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Thanks for stopping by Ashley. Pity, it's a really good book.
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

Hiramic Brotherhood: Ezekiel's Temple Prophesy by William Hanna appeals to me because of its religious and political themes. I enjoyed the review, it is quite detailed and interesting.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Thanks Klare, I appreciate the feedback.
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

This does sound like a fascinating read. I would want the errors to be fixed before I spend the time to read it, especially as it is a long book anyway, and I have a lot of books begging for my attention. I appreciate your review, even if I don't quite see things the same way you do about the Abrahamic faith, I do understand and affirm your critique of using faith in a god to justify lording power over others. :tiphat:
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Kat Berg wrote:This does sound like a fascinating read. I would want the errors to be fixed before I spend the time to read it, especially as it is a long book anyway, and I have a lot of books begging for my attention. I appreciate your review, even if I don't quite see things the same way you do about the Abrahamic faith, I do understand and affirm your critique of using faith in a god to justify lording power over others. :tiphat:
Thanks @Kat Berg, it was important for me that readers could see the context of my stance against these faiths. They are of course important but liable to abuse, as in the case with Palestinian-Israeli relations. Thanks for stopping by, let me also check up on your reviews.
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>

Post by Kat Berg »

Thanks @Kat Berg, it was important for me that readers could see the context of my stance against these faiths. They are of course important but liable to abuse, as in the case with Palestinian-Israeli relations. Thanks for stopping by, let me also check up on your reviews.
Yes, I would do the same thing. It can be tough to do, when you may not necessarily be in the majority, but it is quite important.
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Kat Berg wrote:
Yes, I would do the same thing. It can be tough to do, when you may not necessarily be in the majority, but it is quite important.
I think you can see from the comments how some readers misunderstood this despite my lengthy explanations. Religion is a needlessly sensitive subject...
Kat Berg

Post by Kat Berg »

:) I am not sure about needlessly. Most people who have strong religious views have also internalized those views. It can be as much a part of their identity as their ethnicity or gender (and I don’t need to tell you how sensitive those subjects can be)! However, if we want to have meaningful dialogue it is helpful to resist the urge to be offended so you can hear what the other person is saying. It takes a lot of practice! And I personally enjoy these kind of conversations, although I cannot say that has always been true. Misunderstanding is extremely easy when our identity is involved.
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

I guess by 'needlessly' I meant the sensitivities, such that you feel attacked even where you are not. We are at a point in our collective history where identity defines us...also needlessly.

Personally, I've taken interest in origins of people. Not so much to self-identify but I enjoy the striking similarities between cultures be it PNG or Slovakia.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

This book contains some deep and thought provoking content. On comparing the Israeli occupation to apartheid, I do see the sense in that.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”