Official Review: Hiramic Brotherhood: Ezekiel's Temple Pr...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: Official Review: Hiramic Brotherhood: Ezekiel's Temple P

Post by Christina Rose »

Thank you for this very insightful review. While I'm not sure yet if this book is for me, it does sound interesting, and your review in turn has sparked much conversation. I appreciate your viewpoint, and may decide to check this book out when I have more time to devote to it.
Marylynn
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marylynn.html
Latest Review: "McDowell" by William H. Coles

Post by Marylynn »

:D The books you review have interesting themes. Am starting to think that you want to become a philosopher some day. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Latest Review: "McDowell" by William H. Coles
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

Marylynn wrote::D The books you review have interesting themes. Am starting to think that you want to become a philosopher some day. Thanks for the wonderful review.
? Thanks @Marylynn, I can see my fanbase growing. Glad to receive your support. I already have a following locally. For my philosophy... Somewhat! I encourage objective discussions on many controversial topics.

-- 01 Oct 2017, 20:29 --
Christina Rose wrote:Thank you for this very insightful review. While I'm not sure yet if this book is for me, it does sound interesting, and your review in turn has sparked much conversation. I appreciate your viewpoint, and may decide to check this book out when I have more time to devote to it.
@Christina Rose, you might just like it. It's an emotional piece though.
Alicnim
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicnim.html
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing

Post by Alicnim »

Oh my, though I pity Palestinians for their riveting ordeal, I find these tales to be too sad. Its also almost impossible to end thousands of years of religious and political indoctrination. I really enjoyed that last bit about your ethnic lore...though personal, I appreciate your honesty and need to be understood.

However, it would make for a nice book. Since you experience the culture and identify with it why not write about it? Great review as always, you tend to have this particular style and themes when writing. I enjoy reading them.
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing
sj_robert
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sj-robert.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by sj_robert »

Normally, I'd not question anything religion, but, you raise interesting points on your review. I'll probably look into this for further understanding. Nice review Julius.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
hepto
Currently Reading: Hiramic Brotherhood: Ezekiel's Temple Prophesy
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by hepto »

A deeply political novel that tackles the long history of struggle in Israel.What a story it has made my day.
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

hepto wrote:A deeply political novel that tackles the long history of struggle in Israel.What a story it has made my day.
Thanks Hepto for your time and comments. I am happy you enjoyed the story.

-- 04 Oct 2017, 17:54 --

Robert,
I don't think this book challenges religion per sé. But, rather the thinking behind some disturbing present-day situations in the ME and USA. It is interesting to note that some Zionist founders were acclaimed atheists.
Arnel Labarda
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Arnel Labarda »

Every one must respect there on opinion. It's a freedom of speech, but for me every one of us have a accountability for the LORD.]
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Hi Arnel, welcome to the OBC. Thanks for stopping by my review as your first comment. I appreciate your opinion.
Highschoolgeek
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3559">City of Bones</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-highschoolgeek.html
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
Reading Device: B07R2NR5RM

Post by Highschoolgeek »

Great review.Definitely what we need to understand even a little bit the religious and political wars going on.But with the fiction and non fiction clash am not in a hurry to read
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Highschoolgeek wrote:Great review.Definitely what we need to understand even a little bit the religious and political wars going on.But with the fiction and non fiction clash am not in a hurry to read
I appreciate your time in reading and commenting on my review. :tiphat:
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

Wow, Julius! That's an impressive review right there, thought-provoking even, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review and I liked the fact that you were critical of things most people don't dare question and chose to share your viewpoints anyway - that is the mark of a thinking man! This book sounds like something I'd want to read to acquire knowledge about the Isreal-Palestinian happenings, after all, nothing like a work of fiction that'll have you fact-checking things real quick. At least for me, that's the effect it usually has.
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

ritah wrote:Wow, Julius! That's an impressive review right there, thought-provoking even, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review and I liked the fact that you were critical of things most people don't dare question and chose to share your viewpoints anyway - that is the mark of a thinking man! This book sounds like something I'd want to read to acquire knowledge about the Isreal-Palestinian happenings, after all, nothing like a work of fiction that'll have you fact-checking things real quick. At least for me, that's the effect it usually has.
I appreciate the time you took in passing by. I am a thinking man! :P you should see the types of PM I've received on this topic, or rather religion. As a reviewer, I believe a review should be honest and also relatable. I tried to make obvious and clear points on this (needlessly) sensitive issue. I just can't stand injustice in the name of religion. Thanks again, much appreciated.
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

juliusotinyo wrote:
ritah wrote:Wow, Julius! That's an impressive review right there, thought-provoking even, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review and I liked the fact that you were critical of things most people don't dare question and chose to share your viewpoints anyway - that is the mark of a thinking man! This book sounds like something I'd want to read to acquire knowledge about the Isreal-Palestinian happenings, after all, nothing like a work of fiction that'll have you fact-checking things real quick. At least for me, that's the effect it usually has.
I appreciate the time you took in passing by. I am a thinking man! :P you should see the types of PM I've received on this topic, or rather religion. As a reviewer, I believe a review should be honest and also relatable. I tried to make obvious and clear points on this (needlessly) sensitive issue. I just can't stand injustice in the name of religion. Thanks again, much appreciated.
Me too! Injustice in the name of religion and injustice flat! I won't stand by none of that. Haha, that's so interesting - lol, it just means you hit a nerve somewhere (you know, the one that usually plays defense for religious beliefs) hehe. Any who, I'll have to say on your point about morals... I think objective morals are a real thing but since most humans find it convenient to operate from a "me" point of view then it's easier to center and justify choices from that point view. Doesn't make it true or right. That's the thing about objective truths - they don't sway with subjective opinions, actions or so called "subjective morals"
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Me too! Injustice in the name of religion and injustice flat! I won't stand by none of that. Haha, that's so interesting - lol, it just means you hit a nerve somewhere (you know, the one that usually plays defense for religious beliefs) hehe. Any who, I'll have to say on your point about morals... I think objective morals are a real thing but since most humans find it convenient to operate from a "me" point of view then it's easier to center and justify choices from that point view. Doesn't make it true or right. That's the thing about objective truths - they don't sway with subjective opinions, actions or so called "subjective morals"
@ritah,
Some choice of words there (my head's still spinning). When approaching this view it's very hard to not come off prejudiced. But like you said, objective basis. They are as real as it can get. I strongly believe humanity should take precedence over any religion or politics. As much as these two have been used over the years to achieve some sort of harmony, I think they are failing...badly! (grand scale view)

On the other hand, on a personal basis I've seen some growth and +ve change in some individuals. And despite my opposition, I have to commend that. My own spiritual needs are accomplished through meditation.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”