Review by Ferdinand_otieno -- Strong Heart

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Ferdinand_otieno
2017 Reading Goal: 200
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 94
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 291
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: "Belas Rift" by Stephan von Clinkerhoffen
Location: Seated comfortably trying to enjoy my current read.

Review by Ferdinand_otieno -- Strong Heart

Post by Ferdinand_otieno » 25 Sep 2017, 00:47

[Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Strong Heart is an amazing story filled with adventure, mystery and drama. The story is set in the Pacific Northwest. The story follows a seventy year old man on his journey with his friends and granddaughter.

When Tom Olsen and his native friends, William and Myra, are about to head out into Olympic National Park, he gets a surprise visitor. His granddaughter Sarah, a twelve-year old, has been dropped off on his doorstep for the summer. With nothing else to do, Tom decides to take Sarah along on his adventure. The struggles and challenges they will face on the way are compounded when Sarah gets lost. Tom is determined to find her, only to luck out. When Sarah reappears a week later with an unusual tale, the group has to make sense of all this while they head home. What adventure did Sarah stumble upon? Will Tom complete the mission he had planned on? Who else will they meet along the way and what are there motives?No spoilers. These questions will be answered in this amazing book.

The author used an interactive writing style from the beginning that kept me engaged. The main theme I encountered in the book was "heritage". To have Tom tell the story of Bob-Bob and his great great grandfather, only to have him embark on this adventure with Sarah, was a big highlight for me. The characters were developed amazingly. Sarah starts off as a person who hates being forced to go with Tom, but later she starts to accept the adventure and finally she embraces this unique opportunity. The book always kept me wanting to read just a little bit more. The writing style, along with the adventure and mystery aspect of this book, made me compare this book to Life Before by K. L. Romo.

I would rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. This is because the story was so engaging that I found myself finishing the book in one session. The character development was sublime and the plot was one of a kind. I could not find any editing errors and my reading spell was maintained from the beginning of the book. The author also uses descriptive language that made imagining the Olympic National Park extremely easy. The only thing that I did not like about this book was how short it was.

I would recommend this book to all fans of adventure, mystery and drama. The book does not have an age limit, but I would not recommend this book to children under the age of twelve. The book was masterfully written and I look forward to Charlie Sheldon's other books.

Strong Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ferdinand_otieno's review? Post a comment saying so!

Ezekiel adex
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ezekiel adex » 09 Oct 2017, 07:33

Lovely review I'd love to go through it more and more

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”