Review of The Angel of Death Origins

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lisa P Cowling
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-p-cowling.html
Latest Review: To Kill a Cockroch by Osvaldo C Amador

Review of The Angel of Death Origins

Post by Lisa P Cowling »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Angel of Death Origins" by Laurent Cousineau.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"The Angel of Death Origins: OCD, Bullying, and Questioning Reality" by Laurent Cousineau tells a heart-wrenching story of the damaging effects of child abuse and bullying on both the mind and body. This book highlights a dire flaw in the educational system that fails to adequately protect children from bullying. Additionally, the story delves into different mental health disorders, offering readers a comprehensive understanding of the challenges associated with them. Throughout the book, Laurent has a few "plays." One of the plays aims at spreading awareness about the severity of bullying and how it can have devastating psychological effects. The author went further to discuss two major pandemics that they had experienced: the pandemic of misinformation and the coronavirus pandemic.

This book provides a genuine and captivating exploration of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and bullying. Laurent Cousineau draws readers into this journey, evoking empathy and understanding. The author tells this story from the first-person point of view, which made it easy for me to read. Bullying goes beyond kids calling each other names. This book portrays that by displaying the complicated relationship between bullying and long-term mental health issues. I also found this book to be highly educational, as it offers a window into the world of those who carry emotional scars. By gaining insight into their experiences, I gain a deeper understanding and empathy for those who have endured trauma and learn to deal with them with love.

I found this book to be exceptionally well edited, without any errors. The fact that the narrative mirrors life experiences adds a layer of authenticity, making it all the more impactful. I rate it 4 out of 5 stars. I deducted one star due to the occasional repetition, which slightly affected my overall reading experience; this was my least favorite thing about this book.

I recommend this book to readers who are curious about the effects of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), anxiety, and other outcomes of enduring emotional trauma. This book would be suitable for readers who enjoy psychological fiction.

The Angel of Death Origins
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nwachukwu Somto
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwachukwu-somto.html
Latest Review: Embrace the Challenge by Akwasi O Ofori

Post by Nwachukwu Somto »

The author's portrayal of OCD and bullying offers readers a profound understanding of these issues, evoking empathy and insight. I appreciate how the book sheds light on the complexities of bullying.
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
Bookshelf Size: 95
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

I honestly agree. Child abuse does prove more detrimental than anything to a child I'm glad the author highlights it. It is still a very sensitive topic but according to this review you have made it sound slightly less challenging and more of a topic worthy of being addressed and that's good. Great review.
Be yourself and nothing less

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”