Review by Innocent chinenye -- Strong Heart

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Innocent chinenye
2017 Reading Goal: 15
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-innocent-chinenye.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Review by Innocent chinenye -- Strong Heart

Post by Innocent chinenye » 19 Sep 2017, 04:56

[Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Strong Heart written by Charlie Sheldon. This is a of story of thirteen years old girl named Sarah, her grandfather Tom and two of Tom's friends, William and Myra. Tom has no idea he has a granddaughter. He has knowledge of her when Ruth his ex-wife unexpectedly dropped off Sarah at his front. Tom has no doubt that Sarah is his granddaughter because she is a replicates of Becky his lost daughter. This period couldn't be more unfortunate as Tom and his friends were about to embark on a trip to visit the grave of Tom's grandfather located deep in the wilderness of the Olympic Peninsula. Not to cancel the trip, Tom decides to bring Sarah along. On the trip, Sarah disappeared and reappear with a drawing of huge, facing forward bear. Tom find it hard to believe Sarah actually saw the animal because he has not seen such animal since he has been coming to this country.

This book discussed mostly about Sarah recounting her journey. Once she beings, there is no pause to show Tom and the other reactions, no questions asked and no breaking of that ancient world for chapter after chapter of her story. When it does finally come back to the present day, it was frankly quiet jarring.

After the underfed, dehydrated and very injured Sarah returns to camp, Tom actually calls off the rescue helicopter at her request and let's her walk the four-day trip back to their cars. The character's in Sarah vision don't fare any better. All of them are one note and fairly uninteresting. For example, the vision character called Throwers is really good at throwing and has big gears.

This book is very interesting. The writer does everything well and with emotional aroused. Sarah was not only able to survive her frightening or deal but even bested her more experienced strange captors in some areas in a relatively short time. The ability to use in the story.

Charlie Sheldon has completed a lot of research to back up his book. As a writer, he can very competently tell the story effectively using legend, archaeology, scientific theory, and his own experience. I even looked up some of the facts myself. Mr. Sheldon has been very effective at blending all these aspects in a very creative new legend of his own.

Another part of her story told near the end of the book is shorter but is again fairly along and unbroken. I think there should have been more break in the story, reminder that it was a young girl recounting a vision. rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend the book to adult readers who will relate well to the way the writer treats grandparents, antagonists and friends.

Strong Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Innocent chinenye's review? Post a comment saying so!

Miriam Molina
Previous Member of the Month
2018 Reading Goal: 48
2017 Reading Goal: 36
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 131
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 125
Currently Reading: A Stained White Radiance
Bookshelf Size: 537
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-molina.html
Latest Review: Never Enough Love by AKA John Lazano
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Miriam Molina » 20 Sep 2017, 21:15

Hey, Innocent chinenye! Don't you ever sleep? I just read your other review.

Thank you for your insightful review!

Innocent chinenye
Currently Reading:

Post by Innocent chinenye » 21 Sep 2017, 03:35

You are welcome

Tonia Alexandra
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Tonia Alexandra » 21 Sep 2017, 04:06

Nice review! I can't wait to read this book.

Innocent chinenye
Currently Reading:

Post by Innocent chinenye » 21 Sep 2017, 04:52

Tonia Alexandra wrote:Nice review! I can't wait to read this book.
Okay thank you

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”