Official Review: Hostile Intent by W.M. Allen

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Re: Official Review: Hostile Intent by W.M. Allen

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

And thank you for your kind words, guys

-- 20 Sep 2017, 01:30 --
Abayomi2060 wrote:Nice review. I might just add It to my to-read list but slow-paced action novels don't satisfy me.
Please do, Abayomi2060, & thank you for your input!
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Ayosinmi
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayosinmi.html
Latest Review: "A Nation Divided" by Anthony R. Flagg

Post by Ayosinmi »

Hmmm. I can imagine the pacing and the storyline. All the finger pointing and betrayals to cover up the negligence and or malpractice.
I will rather watch the movie though.
As always my friend, you write a good review. Always!
Lord, protect me from my friends; I can take care of my enemies.
Voltaire, 1694-1778
geoffrey ngoima

Ayosinmi wrote:Hmmm. I can imagine the pacing and the storyline. All the finger pointing and betrayals to cover up the negligence and or malpractice.
I will rather watch the movie though.
As always my friend, you write a good review. Always!
Thank you so much, Ayosinmi!
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

You are welcome dear Geoffrey.
Voltaire, 1694-1778
ReviewerDiksha
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

I love reading books which have an actual event like this as their base on which the author builds his/her story. Great job with the review.
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

Hello ReviewerDiksha. It's been a while. Hope you're good. I'm just checking. Cheers
Voltaire, 1694-1778
ReviewerDiksha
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

Ayosinmi wrote:Hello ReviewerDiksha. It's been a while. Hope you're good. I'm just checking. Cheers
Hi Ayosinmi. Been a bit busy lately. :D
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

ReviewerDiksha wrote:
Ayosinmi wrote:Hello ReviewerDiksha. It's been a while. Hope you're good. I'm just checking. Cheers
Hi Ayosinmi. Been a bit busy lately. :D
Oh. I thought I was the only one. It's alright. Nice hooking up again.
Voltaire, 1694-1778
DeboraSilva
Currently Reading: The Ask and the Answer
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deborasilva.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by DeboraSilva »

Putting aside the editing issues, it sounds like a thrilling reading. But I think it's not the book for me. Either way thank you for your awesome review!
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

Sounds like a suspenseful book, with espionage, terrorism and war. But, its not my cup of tea. I enjoyed your review though.
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
geoffrey ngoima

Hey, guys, thank you for your comments/inputs
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Thanks for an interesting review. I can see how the excessive use of military jargon could be distracting. The plot sounds absorbing, despite the editing issues. I am going to take a second look at this one.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Chrisz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Chrisz »

Hostile Intent is a gripping and compelling story which sheds light on the gripping September 11th attack on the United States and the world in general and how they were able to avert further disasters. Colonel Patrick O'Malley is a modern day hero and is brought to life in this story as all his military expertise and acts of valor come into play. The writer takes us on a vivid and chilling encounter of past events which kept the world in shock and at alert.

Tom Clancy's book titled 'Special Forces, Special Activities' makes an appearance as covert and clandestine mission rules the day, as whispers of many conspiracy theories filter through the corridors of power thus making the President issue a command that the identification, location and elimination of anyone holding hostile intent towards citizens and property be eliminated by all means possible, covertly though, without any trace to the presidency.
HMS
Favorite Author: M.D. White
Bookshelf Size: 2
fav_author_id: 101988

Post by HMS »

Chrisz wrote:Hostile Intent is a gripping and compelling story which sheds light on the gripping September 11th attack on the United States and the world in general and how they were able to avert further disasters. Colonel Patrick O'Malley is a modern day hero and is brought to life in this story as all his military expertise and acts of valor come into play. The writer takes us on a vivid and chilling encounter of past events which kept the world in shock and at alert.

Tom Clancy's book titled 'Special Forces, Special Activities' makes an appearance as covert and clandestine mission rules the day, as whispers of many conspiracy theories filter through the corridors of power thus making the President issue a command that the identification, location and elimination of anyone holding hostile intent towards citizens and property be eliminated by all means possible, covertly though, without any trace to the presidency.
Between Chris's and geoffrey, you've given us excellent reviews. I've read this book, enjoyed it more so than Tom Clancys Military books, and most others in its genre...but your guys reviews are quite good. You both, and W.M
Allen, deserve a lot of credit. Job well done.
geoffrey ngoima

Chrisz wrote:Hostile Intent is a gripping and compelling story which sheds light on the gripping September 11th attack on the United States and the world in general and how they were able to avert further disasters. Colonel Patrick O'Malley is a modern day hero and is brought to life in this story as all his military expertise and acts of valor come into play. The writer takes us on a vivid and chilling encounter of past events which kept the world in shock and at alert.

I totally agree with you, Chrisz, excellently written... I'd like to read Special Forces, sounds like a good one

-- 21 Sep 2017, 04:48 --
HMS wrote:

Between Chris's and geoffrey, you've given us excellent reviews. I've read this book, enjoyed it more so than Tom Clancys Military books, and most others in its genre...but your guys reviews are quite good. You both, and W.M
Allen, deserve a lot of credit. Job well done.
Well, thank you, HMS, it means a lot...
Thanks, Bookowlie...

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”