Official Review: Wandering Feelings by Boyko Ovcharov

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Official Review: Wandering Feelings by Boyko Ovcharov

Post by bookiegalke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wandering Feelings" by Boyko Ovcharov.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wandering feelings by Boyko Ovcharov is a romance genre book. This is what I would best describe as your typical story of love overcoming adversities. It is the tale of two people whose relationship is met with opposition from family with differences in social class taking the number one slot on the list of those obstacles. Other than social class, jealousy and greed are also displayed at their worst between people who are family. The story is set in Bulgaria with shifting timelines to London and Europe. This was a Bulgarian cultural learning experience for me.

Whether these two lovebirds master enough courage or determination to fight for their love, is the reason that saw me turn this book to the very last page. Boyko systematically develops the plot with characters conveniently connected to each other. However, too much time was spent on the couple’s first trip together in London and Europe. Here, too much time is spent on describing the places where they visit. While this would have been a good approach for a travel or holiday destination book, it made no sense to spend too much time on it in a romance genre. I wish the author would have concentrated more on the two characters having a romantic holiday together and getting to know each other better.

The other major flaw was Boyko’s failure to give names to the two major characters. Throughout, Bokyo chooses to refer to them as he and she based on their gender. For a romance genre, the use of names for the characters gives the reader a sense of attachment to the characters so that they correctly place their individual feelings to the characters. In the absence of the names, I was more inclined to abandon reading it midway but I held on because I wanted to find out whether the two actually ended up together.

Generally, a considerable amount of effort in creativity is put to good use. The fact that it’s only 101 pages long is enough to see even the reader with the shortest attention span sail through to the very last page. Care is observed in the kind of language used plus explicit sexual content is left out, making it suitable for the young adult audience.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Between the too much time spent on describing the travel destinations, the lack of names for the main characters and a few spelling errors, I feel a perfect rating is not deserved. I would recommend this book to anyone looking to read a love story that is a little less exciting.

Wandering Feelings
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like bookiegalke's review? Post a comment saying so!
'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

Nice review. But it seems the book is not for me. Thanks for sharing your views though.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:

Post by bookiegalke »

The Researcher wrote:Nice review. But it seems the book is not for me. Thanks for sharing your views though.
you are welcome
'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

I thought I saw this book listed as other fiction or nonfiction. Can't remember which. Nice review, it's good to see it appealed to you.
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:

Post by bookiegalke »

juliusotinyo wrote:I thought I saw this book listed as other fiction or nonfiction. Can't remember which. Nice review, it's good to see it appealed to you.
I think you must have it confused for another book. this is a romance genre book that is based on a true story. I appreciate your comments
Ralph Waldo Emerson
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

bookiegalke wrote:
juliusotinyo wrote:I thought I saw this book listed as other fiction or nonfiction. Can't remember which. Nice review, it's good to see it appealed to you.
I think you must have it confused for another book. this is a romance genre book that is based on a true story. I appreciate your comments
Hi,
Please look at the book's listing right here in OBC. It is listed as other fiction. I just saw your review and many others on Amazon listing it as a romance novel and became curious.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It's interesting that he doesn't name the major characters. I wonder if he was trying to make it so that they could be more easily identified with? Odd. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:

Post by bookiegalke »

kandscreeley wrote:It's interesting that he doesn't name the major characters. I wonder if he was trying to make it so that they could be more easily identified with? Odd. Thanks for the review.
this is something I've encountered for the very first time. seemed odd to me too.

-- 15 Sep 2017, 09:34 --
juliusotinyo wrote:
bookiegalke wrote:
Hi,
Please look at the book's listing right here in OBC. It is listed as other fiction. I just saw your review and many others on Amazon listing it as a romance novel and became curious.[/quote
then it must be categorized wrongly here because it really is a romance genre book. may be you should consider raising your query with scot or any of the administrators to have the book properly categorized.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

Yeah, the descriptions when overdone takes away points, sounds like a good read apart from the few negatives.
Great review.
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

With a little revision here and there it seems the book could be on its way to winning 4-Stars. Thank you for the review.
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

Wandering Feelings smacks of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. I feel a little bit too full of narratives which are modelled after this classic romance. It's even more difficult to handle when editing issues are present.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Incredibly strange to not give the main characters names. I don't think I could handle that aspect of the story.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Sabina G
Currently Reading: The Scarpetta Factor
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabina-g.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Sabina G »

It's so weird that the main characters weren't given a name, I don't think I would get attached to them or to their story without a name. The way I see it, names make it easier to create an image of the character's physical and psychological characteristics.

Thanks for your review.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:

Post by bookiegalke »

geoffrey ngoima wrote:Yeah, the descriptions when overdone takes away points, sounds like a good read apart from the few negatives.
Great review.
thanks geoffrey

-- 16 Sep 2017, 01:56 --
ritah wrote:With a little revision here and there it seems the book could be on its way to winning 4-Stars. Thank you for the review.
it does need abut of polishing on the editing and may be a few twists and turns to make it interesting.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

It looks like a romance story with a potential. The over description however spoils the party. Thanks bookiegalke for a great review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”