Official Review: Iago in the Land of La Mancha

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Re: Official Review: Iago in the Land of La Mancha

Post by juliusotinyo »

Kelebogile Mbangi wrote:Can't wait to read your review!
I am actually talking about this satirical book La Mancha, the one I've posted I don't think you'll like it. Unless you've watched this old documentary Zeitgeist, think I saw it last when I was in Uni in 2008-10
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

A Minister called Fred Flintstone? The minister for "Pretending to like Science."? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: It sucked that the "...book had multiple errors..."and other unforgivable faults, but I think I may still check it out and have a look at these ministers.
Your review was outstanding, to say the least, keep them coming, man.
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

I haven't read a political satire in awhile - this book seems interesting... and this quote: "Politics is all about appearances not reality…lasting impressions are made by emotions, not facts." makes me want to read it more, unfortunately, I think that it's true for the most part - people would overlook and or twist facts to soothe and sway their emotions. I'm just happy that a small light of hope shined in on my country September 1st - When facts prevailed. We are in a desperate need of more instances like this...Where the law is followed and Justice is served regardless of whom it may offend.
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Thanks for stopping by Ngoima. The book was funny at times.

-- 02 Sep 2017, 05:34 --
ritah wrote:I haven't read a political satire in awhile - this book seems interesting... and this quote: "Politics is all about appearances not reality…lasting impressions are made by emotions, not facts." makes me want to read it more, unfortunately, I think that it's true for the most part - people would overlook and or twist facts to soothe and sway their emotions. I'm just happy that a small light of hope shined in on my country September 1st - When facts prevailed. We are in a desperate need of more instances like this...Where the law is followed and Justice is served regardless of whom it may offend.
Are we in the same country!! Yeah, if September 1st has anything to do for it then let's hope for the best.

Politics is a farce, nothing ever gets done. Besides, politicians are really mindless drones who the most part are just passing time. La Mancha, puts this into perspective. In a funny and witty way. It would make for a light read if you can spare time.
geoffrey ngoima

juliusotinyo wrote:Thanks for stopping by Ngoima. The book was funny at times.

-- 02 Sep 2017, 05:34 --
ritah wrote:I haven't read a political satire in awhile - this book seems interesting... and this quote: "Politics is all about appearances not reality…lasting impressions are made by emotions, not facts." makes me want to read it more, unfortunately, I think that it's true for the most part - people would overlook and or twist facts to soothe and sway their emotions. I'm just happy that a small light of hope shined in on my country September 1st - When facts prevailed. We are in a desperate need of more instances like this...Where the law is followed and Justice is served regardless of whom it may offend.
Are we in the same country!! Yeah, if September 1st has anything to do for it then let's hope for the best.

Politics is a farce, nothing ever gets done. Besides, politicians are really mindless drones who the most part are just passing time. La Mancha, puts this into perspective. In a funny and witty way. It would make for a light read if you can spare time.
Ritah in Kenya? :!2:
Hey, can u guys use Kindle unlimited?? I read it couldn't b used in/applied for in Kenya...
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Yeah no Kindle unlimited here. I don't need it though.
geoffrey ngoima

juliusotinyo wrote:Yeah no Kindle unlimited here. I don't need it though.
Even in First ten?
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

You can sample any book on Amazon for free. Many offer in excess of 10pages.
geoffrey ngoima

juliusotinyo wrote:You can sample any book on Amazon for free. Many offer in excess of 10pages.
But you can't just sample any book for first ten, doesn't it have to be BOTD?
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Geoff,
By any book, this includes BOTD. Why don't you try.

-- 02 Sep 2017, 14:07 --

Btw, if you don't mind my asking. Why do you carry your ID over your face? Just curious...
geoffrey ngoima

juliusotinyo wrote:Geoff,
By any book, this includes BOTD. Why don't you try.

-- 02 Sep 2017, 14:07 --

Btw, if you don't mind my asking. Why do you carry your ID over your face? Just curious...
Seems we're not on the same page but I already knew the answer I was just confirming.
About the ID and the pic, haha, It's kind of a joke. There's this cryptocurrency site that if you wanted to sell & buy cryptocurrency you had to take a pic of yourself with your ID in it to prove who you are. It was a security check and it just cracked me up. I know the pic takes away my public opinion points but I can't help it :lol2: :lol:
Unaonaje, nitoe?
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

I participate in the First Ten daily, or whenever I have the time. About the ID, I've been seeing Kenyans do that lately. Didn't mean to call it out.

Chaguo ni lako kama utatoa :D
geoffrey ngoima

juliusotinyo wrote:I participate in the First Ten daily, or whenever I have the time. About the ID, I've been seeing Kenyans do that lately. Didn't mean to call it out.

Chaguo ni lako kama utatoa :D
You weren't wrong in calling it out, and I probably am the hardest guy to offend. Kenyans do that????
O, man, I have to take it down. I know it's because of this darned election. I don't normally follow the political hullabaloo... And if one is seriously following a/siding with a political group in this country I'd bet they're not doing it objectively...too much tribalism going on. But let me cut this short :tiphat:
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Geoff,
They are doing it for similar reasons like you. Apparently there are some sites (I've just learned this) that demand identification in a similar manner. I think those are scams or they are stealing your information. Don't take my word for it. I may be one of the most skeptical persons around.
geoffrey ngoima

juliusotinyo wrote:Geoff,
They are doing it for similar reasons like you. Apparently there are some sites (I've just learned this) that demand identification in a similar manner. I think those are scams or they are stealing your information. Don't take my word for it. I may be one of the most skeptical persons around.
Yeah, you're right, the internet is prowling with all kinds of 'evil' :evil: people

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”