Review by Dorin1 -- That Place of Knowledge

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dorin1
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorin1.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Review by Dorin1 -- That Place of Knowledge

Post by Dorin1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I love self-improvement books though I haven't read many of them. In a world full of challenges, self-acceptance and living with positivity are the best way to handle stressful situations, disabilities, and misfortunes." That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Allan Shalka is a fiction book with a theme of positivity that moved me. It is a small book with only 24 pages, but it changed my way of thinking about life. I took only 30 minutes to read, but I find myself repeating it due to the positive energy I get each time I read it.

Philip is an autistic boy. It is evident that his best friend is Sobre, the dog. Despite his condition, he still finds life exciting. He takes us to his new world where everything seems to be perfect. With the help of Sobre, they enter to the swimming pool and head to the hidden, mysterious door.The trap door leads them to the Ancient Greek, a secret city. Sobre observes the strange world keenly that makes Philip comfortable. He listens carefully to Philips conversation with Aristotle, the Greek Philosopher.

This book explains the mysterious place of knowledge where Philip and Sobre learned how different disciplines like mathematics came to be. When they got out of the unique world, they still come out through the trap door and the swimming pool.On the other hand, Philip has difficulties in communicating with other people in the real world. To Sobre, it was strange to see him interact with Aristotle freely. The best aspect of this book is that it emphasizes the importance of self-acceptance and patience.

My favorite area of this book was when Sobre explains his experience in the new world like the secret corridors. I also liked Philip's love for his companion, Sobre and the fact that he found happiness in him. At least in his real world, he has someone to make him happy.Philip is a clever boy from the conversation he had with Aristotle. He is positive about life and is eager to learn more and make the world a better place.There were no typos in this book. The only thing I think should have been corrected is to make the book longer because it is too short.

I like this book because it shows that disability is not inability. Philip, the author, is an autistic. I could feel that writing helps him express his feelings. His words give us a reason to embrace every challenge in life positively.I can rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it leaves a positive energy to the reader. This book is meant for students and adults who are undergoing stressful situations in life that need self-acceptance. Anyone who wants to read more about how to handle autism could read this book too.

That Place of Knowledge
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Dorin1's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”