Review by rjthegreat92 -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
rjthegreat92
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rjthegreat92.html
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing

Review by rjthegreat92 -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by rjthegreat92 » 16 Aug 2017, 09:15

[Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Strong heart by Charlie Sheldon is a spiritual book about self discovery and belief. This book is spiritual in a way most have forgotten. It tells of ancient times and of native people. Believing stories over facts, dreams over visions and family over all else.

The story begins when Tom, William and Myra get an unexpected visit from Tom’s granddaughter. Tom and the others were planning a hiking trip in the wilderness to visit where the natives use to live. They were also going to see Tom’s grandfathers grave. Sarah, Tom’s granddaughter, shows up and they do not know if it is a good idea to bring her with them. A company shows up to do some mining however if they start the process the land and any native artifacts would be lost. Once they decide to take Sarah on the trip they realize the journey they are taking is far greater than they could imagine.

Will they be able to save the land? Will Sarah learn more about herself then she realizes? Why am I being so cryptic? Read the book and find out for yourself.

There was so much to like about this book. I found it thrilling, exciting and educational. It was not what I was expecting; I could not put the book down. I really liked the way the author described the ancient stories, traditions and artifacts. There was so much knowledge about Native Americans and their culture that I really enjoyed reading and learning about. I also liked the characters, Tom, Myra, William and Sarah. These characters worked so well together. When reading you can sense their friendship and how much they care about one another. There was not much that I did not like however something that bothered me was the way the book transitioned when Sarah told her story. It was a little confusing at first but once I realized what was going on it made sense. Another issue I had with this book is the way it ended; I can not really go into much detail without giving it away. Let me just say I did not want it to end.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The author’s attention to detail, the way the book flowed and the characters had me wanting to read more. This book did not have any errors, typos or grammatical flaws as far as I could tell. Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon is a great book and an exceptional read.

Strong Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like rjthegreat92's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”