Official Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ROYAL GOLD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Re: Official Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by ROYAL GOLD »

very interesting, adventurous and well described... great voices and lovely distinct. nice audio book
wakasogh

Post by wakasogh »

The book "Strong Heart" is one of my first ever audio book that I listened to and have come to develop a zeal for more of it's kind. The settings of the story is so vivid and the characters so distinctive. Sarah's appearance and sudden disappearance kept me wanting to know what will happen next and thus kept my suspense so high until she reappears with a whole new story about what she went through during her disappearance. To me personally this story is so unique and depicts real life situations. I will rate this book 4 out of 4.
TheWriteAngel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thewriteangel.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by TheWriteAngel »

Good review! Strong Heart is a story of history, adventure and mystery. The book follows themes of survival, coming of age and an exploration of ancient humans and wildlife.
I agree about the abrupt ending, but if there's a sequel, I would love to read it.
Feel free to read my review of it here - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50808
drunyan
Currently Reading: A Kingdom's Cost
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drunyan.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by drunyan »

Excellent review. I like books that have Native American , history, and/or mystery elements. This book reads like a combination of the three. Looking forward to reading the rest of the book!
I am back! 4 months after radiation treatments and still cancer-free!
Quithilion
Currently Reading: It's Time to Align
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quithilion.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Quithilion »

As Sarah disappeared for over a week I wonder what happened to her? It seems rather bizarre to turn up in the life of your grandfather, and immediately disappear. I wonder if he thought he was being punked.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

Tom and his Native American friends, William and Myra, are packing up for a backpacking adventure through Olympic National Park when an unannounced visitor shows up at the front door. This visitor turns out to be Tom’s unknown granddaughter, Sarah. As Tom reluctantly agrees to take Sarah hiking with him, he has no idea of the struggles that he and his companions will face. When Sarah disappears, Tom is determined to find her. Eight days later, she reappears and tells of an impossible story of what happened when she disappeared. As the other three try to make sense of Sarah’s story, they face even more challenges after they go back home.
The summary seems spooky, and intriguing. Thanks for the detailed review.
R-g-R
Currently Reading: The Picketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-g-r.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by R-g-R »

What a fascinating experience to review an audio book!
I like the concept of Strong Heart and was already keen to see what happened with Sarah on the trip, but am even more intrigued after reading your review. I also like the fact that Tom and therefore Sarah are both Native descendants so look forward to discovering how that aspect may become relevant or even a feature.
Thanks for yuor review.
Polgesteirg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-polgesteirg.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Polgesteirg »

So it's fiction with a bit of suspense, interesting. I definitely find the Native American elements of the story very interesting as well. I've never listened to an audiobook before, but I can't imagine it being too different than listening to a professor's lecture or something like that. I enjoyed reading your review!
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

Great review. I've never been to Olympic National Park, so I think I'll love this (because it describes the scenery). The book seems great.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
Mo_ItsRenny
Currently Reading: Birthright
Bookshelf Size: 35

Post by Mo_ItsRenny »

I like the review but I prefer reading my books not listening to them.
It's a good thing the scenes where well described though, it will make it easier to understand.
stedape
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stedape.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by stedape »

Great review. I love this book already. The cover is awesome.
Also, I love a book filled with mystery. I should read this soon.
monicanjuguna
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by monicanjuguna »

As the book title dictates, charlie sheldon has brought out all characters without a nerve. To this regard I got confused if sara had been there from the beginning I had to go back to the chapter and re-read.
For real a man like tom could not probably exist without drama in my generation but he seemed controlled and a man of extra will power. What I kept wondering through the pages is tom seems to try to reach out to something which hes not sure about lost in his adventure, I also would love to unlock the mystery of Bob bob and his revealtion . it seems this is their family way of passing buton to the next generation. This is a great read
sasederquist
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by sasederquist »

I too just finished reading this book. The author did an amazing job transporting the reader to the Pacific Northwest and enveloping them in to the landscape and legends of the tribe. Given the level of detail, I can only imagine the enhancement audio would bring. Thoroughly enjoyed the story and am looking forward to reading more from Charlie Sheldon in the near future.
czicheal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by czicheal »

A fascinating edition that pulls the mind in an obscure way if not imagined
Ntate Rethabile

Post by Ntate Rethabile »

The book shows how adventures it is when travelling, the only thing which didn't make me happy is dead people.Again, it shows the importance of helping other people. If I was the author, I would leave sentences! I can recommend to read especially when travelling.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”