Official Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Re: Official Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by SPasciuti »

Oh, that’s really cool that you read this book via audiobook. I wonder if the confusion would be lessened by reading the book yourself instead. It sounds as though Sarah is a liar, but I’m not sure. Thanks for writing a review.
Jbluestocking2
Currently Reading: The Next Worship
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jbluestocking2.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Jbluestocking2 »

Listening to audio books does take a bit of getting used to, and the ability of the reader plays a big part. I agree, reading the book myself is still my preferred method. And I'm impressed that you still reviewed this books at a four star level without and ending that you liked! That might have been a deal breaker for me. Interesting!
jennibabe31
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennibabe31.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by jennibabe31 »

A troubled teenager and hiking with historical significance. I have read the first few chapters and wondered if the trip would help the troubled girl. Then the review talks about her disappearance. Wow. I definitely need to finish reading as the questions are building up.
halismom1016
Favorite Book: Fifty Shades of Grey
Currently Reading: The 11.05 Murders
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-halismom1016.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by halismom1016 »

After reading this review I really wanna read more of this book. I really enjoy a good book that has anything to do with Native American legends.
Emmanuel Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-michael.html
Latest Review: Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Post by Emmanuel Michael »

I haven't listen to an audio book before but I think this one would be nice especially since its a mixture of adventure and legend.
YWait
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by YWait »

I'm within the last 100 pages of reading this book. I too was a bit confused about Sarah's first telling of her story. I didn't think I missed part of the book, though, as it was clearly stated at the end of the previous chapter that her story followed. It was simply hard for me, for a few pages, to transition. It was a short, seemingly insignificant, sentence that may have been lost with the audio version. I agree that those interested in archeology and Native legend will appreciate this book.
mnmueller
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mnmueller.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mnmueller »

Your summary of the book sounds intriguing. From the excerpt I read, the characters seem interesting. I'm not sure about the two stories in one, though. Usually this leads to confusion, which it seems to be the case here. Although you said that later on the meaning of Sarah's journey became clear, which is promising.

I've always found the play between science and legend fascinating. Both start from the same premise, a desire to explain why and how something happened. I'm not sure what you mean by twist, though. How did the use of both affect the story?

The Amazon page lists a sequel due out soon. Knowing that the story will be continued, does that make the ending less frustrating? I'm sure that does nothing for the abruptness of the ending, but does the possibility of answers affect how you feel about the lingering questions?

I may have to try this one. Thank you for the review.
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee

Post by Cristina Chifane »

I love listening to audiobooks from time to time. I am sure this novel makes for a good audiobook considering its topic. I would like to listen to Tom's stories by the fire, for example. Thank you for your review!
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Glory Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43

Post by Glory Richard »

I love the story line of Strong Heart, by Charlie Sheldon as it 100percent seem real, well organized and super interesting. Hope to get the continuation.
Glory Richard
Currently Reading:

Post by Glory Richard »

I love the story line of Strong Heart, by Charlie Sheldon as it 100percent seem real, well organized and super interesting. Hope to get the continuation.Because Of my love for adventures I gave this novel four stars.
Glory Richard
Currently Reading:

Post by Glory Richard »

I love the story line of Strong Heart, by Charlie Sheldon as it 100percent seem real, well organized and super interesting. Hope to get the continuation.Because Of my love for adventures I gave this novel four stars.
SparklesonPages
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklesonpages.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by SparklesonPages »

Nice review ! I haven’t done audiobooks but I look forward to trying this one.
Sakeenah143
Favorite Book: From Drift to SHIFT
Currently Reading: Love is too Hard: The Dating (Mis)Adventures of a Man With Autism
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakeenah143.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Sakeenah143 »

I am naturally a fan of anything adventurelse.
I can't wait to dive in with Tom and Sarah of their own adventure.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

I also find reading a book more engaging than listening to audio. Thanks for the great review.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane

Post by kfwilson6 »

Your review is well written and gave enough details without giving too much away. I'm curious about where Sarah was for 8 days and what happened during that time. Also wondering what happened that made you feel like it was months rather than days that she was gone (sometimes I find that authors have a weird sense of time---as if the things that happen during the time period they describe aren't realistically matching the time frame). This sounds mildly interesting. It's probably something I'd pick up if I didn't really know what else to read but not something I'm jumping for joy to get to.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”