Review of So-so

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Patrícia Gomes
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patr-cia-gomes.html
Latest Review: Infliction Point by Mark Hacker

Review of So-so

Post by Patrícia Gomes »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "So-so" by Nicholas A. Ventura.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

So-so is not at all the book I was expecting it to be. I didn’t initially understand my expectations for this book, but I am sure it exceeded them without any problems.

Nicholas A. Ventura is a masterful teacher of decomposing several genres of literature into one piece of art. At the same time, he manages to interconnect modern elements of writing with the background of older forms of writing or even older scenarios.

In this book, there is a genre for almost everyone, and without even noticing, the reader embarks on a new genre or even a new theme with little effort, as the transitions are incredibly smooth. It is quite interesting to understand that these transitions are very transparent but seamless at the same time, when in fact the author talks about harsh topics, touching deeply on some of the world’s triggers, such as mental health, and several other emotions that are now being disregarded as tabu and discussed freely.

However, I must admit that the best part about this book is not the enormous catalog of themes and emotions discussed by the author—in a brilliant way, I must say—but rather the fact that I was able to enjoy this book without enjoying some of the genres inserted in the text. For instance, I am not a fan of poetry; I never really connected with this genre and feel unmotivated to read it; however, I didn’t mind reading it in this book, and I even dare to say that I found a new world.

This is the best part of literature: when, all of a sudden, you find yourself reading a new genre, a new theme, or a new author and connect for the first time, meaning that now you have a whole new world in front of you to discover.

With this much praise, it is quite obvious that I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars since I don’t have a single downside to point out, and I felt a connection with the book that inspired me to adventure through new genres and possibilities.

The editing is also flawless, which is another incredible accomplishment, and I would highly recommend this book to anyone who, like me, is interested in learning about how the author managed to interconnect so many genres and forms of writing in one single book and, perhaps, discover a new world of genres just like I did.

So-so
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Severed Roots
Bookshelf Size: 1021
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am still unsure what this book is about. I do understand, however, your praise for it because of the author’s ability to combine genres. I’m also glad that you were able to begin to appreciate those that you previously did not. Thanks!
Rameez Ahmed 3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rameez Ahmed 3 »

"So-so" by means of Nicholas A. Ventura is a mild-hearted and wonderful examine that offers a clean take on the complexities of contemporary relationships. Ventura's witty prose and relatable characters make for an enjoyable adventure thru the americaand downs of love and friendship.

One of the book's strengths lies in its sensible portrayal of the demanding situations faced via teens navigating the relationship scene. Ventura skillfully captures the nuances of current romance, from awkward first dates to the intricacies of long-term commitment. The humor infused for the duration of the narrative provides intensity to the story, maintaining readers engaged from begin to finish.

Moreover, Ventura's characters are properly-advanced and relatable, each grappling with their personal insecurities and dreams. The diversity of perspectives represented within the e book provides richness to the narrative, allowing readers to look themselves reflected in the struggles and triumphs of the characters.

However, "So-so" on occasion falls brief in its exploration of deeper issues, choosing floor-level humor alternatively. Some readers can also discover themselves craving extra emotional depth and complexity from the tale. Additionally, at the same time as the book's mild-hearted tone is a part of its charm, it can not resonate with those searching for a more profound exploration of relationships.

Overall, "So-so" is a delightful study that gives lots of snickers and heartfelt moments. While it could now not be groundbreaking in its method, it succeeds in handing over an enjoyable and relatable story approximately the messiness of love and friendship.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”