Official Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nasir Ahmed khan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Nasir Ahmed khan »

Nice review I am impressed
isackson

Post by isackson »

Very intersting review.
Well packed with in a clear life story.
Colouful contents.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

I decided to give this one a try as it is going to be the book of the month for October, so why not? I have begun to read it, and I enjoyed your review because I am not that far along, and already the main character is making me angry! Not in a way that I want to put the book down and walk away, but the author is doing a great job in making me hate this guy! Your review sounds like it gets better, so I will look forward to that. Nice job on this. It was helpful to find your review as I launch headlong into a genre I generally do not read.
Everything happens for a reason...
Dai_sy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dai-sy.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Dai_sy »

This book is very intriguing. Studies of human behavior and relations are mind blowing as to the variation of responses people can make, which is thrilling to explore. Thank you for the interesting review :tiphat:.
Ravinder+Kaur
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ravinder-kaur.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: Kindle

Post by Ravinder+Kaur »

An enchanting, insightful review.Thank you. Your beginning lines are amusing and say enough about the twists and turns of the book. I liked the premise of the book being that Life gives everyone a second chance.
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

Mr. Coles is a master in building well-rounded characters. I am adding this one to my reading list. Thanks for the charming review.
Britty01
Favorite Book: Will's Red Coat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britty01.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Britty01 »

The review certainly provides a good summary of this book. Studying human nature through books is interesting and I believe the review that this book can make you feel every emotion known to man. I certainly hope that Hiram has some redeeming qualities at some point.
Georgia Lyonhyde
Currently Reading: A Tale For The Time Being
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-georgia-lyonhyde.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Georgia Lyonhyde »

Well edited, great storyline and some interesting questions to consider. This book really appeals to me. I find myself warming to Hiram and hoping he finds his redemption already.
You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.
–Paul Sweeney :tiphat:
Tomiwa
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Tomiwa »

Hmm,Mc Dowell by William H. Cole, Hiram's past came back to stare him in the face, I really like this book because from the review, it's very Clear that one should be very careful of the type of life one lives, people will learn to be careful from this book. Good job
Read_review2018
Favorite Book: The Ragged Edge of Night
Currently Reading: Something Happened Today
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-read-review2018.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Read_review2018 »

Catinthehat writes an excellent review. I hope to follow her talent in the future
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Read_review2018 wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 11:42 Catinthehat writes an excellent review. I hope to follow her talent in the future
Thank you for the kind compliment.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
elizab8
Currently Reading: Blood and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizab8.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by elizab8 »

Whoa! Excellent review, you were so detailed describing "Hiram." I see him as the protagonist one who is altruist (selfish) and thinks most of his profession which he really enjoys. He is not a family person his work takes up most of his time. His life somewhat tells the reader that he will always search for love and relationships, because he may not know how to love or be loved. He emulates his rivals, being afraid of being fallible. I thank you for the atmospheric way you have shown readers to read "McDowell" it is a must read for me.
Don_E
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Don_E »

In the race to life people sometime forget that actions have consequences, and this sometimes often reflect on those close to them siuch as their families. This is true of Hiram McDowell. Failure to realize how his actions affects others made him unstable in character and impossible to tell when he really is showing care or love. Regarding how he treats others, such as Michael O Leary, cheating just to get our way in life does not speak well of a persons character is a lesson not to quickly forget.
This is a good book that can be used to assist someone with certain character flaw by recommending they read it.
Leb7
Favorite Book: Where the Red Fern Grows
Currently Reading: Gringo
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leb7.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Leb7 »

Money and power, alienation and enemies, life issues and tragedy, guilt and redemption. The book certainly sounds interesting. I may pick it up as a read during a drab and dreary weekend when there is plenty of time to dig into the complicated people and relationships.
Sir_nyaks
Currently Reading:

Post by Sir_nyaks »

Thanks for the great review, seems like the kind of books i can read comfortably

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”