Official Review: The Touch by Robert Flynn III

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Momlovesbooks
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momlovesbooks.html
Latest Review: Winter's Kiss by H.L. Hines

Official Review: The Touch by Robert Flynn III

Post by Momlovesbooks »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Touch" by Robert Flynn III.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Touch: A Supernatural Story - Part 1 by Robert Flynn III is exactly what the title says. It is a supernatural thriller that kept me guessing until the end. Just when I thought I had figured it out, a twist was thrown in.

The story centers around one of the main characters, Gabriel. Gabriel has lived in an orphanage in Texas for most of his young life. He appears to be autistic and others know when first meeting him, that he is different. However, he has a secret coping mechanism, not autism. Unknown to everyone else, Gabriel has actually heard a voice all of his life. It has always been in his heart, mind and soul. It gives him a power that he can transfer by touch. Although he doesn't fully trust the voice, he enjoys the power that comes with it. While at the orphanage, Gabriel becomes best friends with Joshua. They are both adopted by a caring nurse, Alabama, who is experiencing strange things herself.

Other children around the world are also hearing the voice. Most of them have endured hardship in their lives. The voice has been the one constant that gives them encouragement. They all come together to discover what the power means and how they can use it for good.

The story is supernatural, but also delves into the condition of the human heart. The author easily ties the many characters together in a fast-paced read. Each character has a well-developed past. They each have specific human qualities that are drawn out by the voice. The characters reside in different areas of the world, from Afghanistan to the United States of America. Although the storyline jumps from one character to another, the writing style flows smoothly and keeps the story moving along.

The book is entertaining, yet thought-provoking. It brings up such questions as "What is evil?" and "Can children change the world for good?" While not being a scriptural book, it touches on religious themes. I found it interesting that the author gives his opinion on the scriptural beings known as Nephilim. There were a few aspects that were disturbing to me, but nothing that went against my Christian beliefs. It is definitely a book that will make you ponder it long after you've finished reading it.

Because this book is very unique and entertaining, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. It seems to be professionally edited. I was hard-pressed to find grammatical mistakes. The nature of this book is to inspire humanity to do good. Fans of all genres should enjoy this one. It has minimal curse words and violence. I look forward to reading the next installment in this series.

The Touch
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Momlovesbooks's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Nice! I like when the author is able to make a story interesting yet thought provoking at the same time. Sounds like a good book. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
LadyClaire
Currently Reading: Keys to Tetouan
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladyclaire.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by LadyClaire »

Wow! I do love this book. Its interesting how the story line jumps from one character to another but doesn't get boring. Thanks for the review. It was really good.
To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.
-Bertrand Russel
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

I like how this book is thought-provoking. I think I may add this book to my reading list. Great job on the review!
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by bookiegalke »

Always love a novel with an interesting storyline especially when the story takes place in different part of the world and the writers finds a point or theme of convergence
'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Juliet Esther
Currently Reading: That place of knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-esther.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Juliet Esther »

This seems interesting enough... Twists and turns are for me,I like a story that keeps me guessing and I think this is the one. Nice review
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

Very nice review! You made the book sound very interesting. I am definitely going to add this to my reading list.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Afuglsan
Currently Reading: The Masked City
Bookshelf Size: 5445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afuglsan.html
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo

Post by Afuglsan »

This sounds like a fantastic novel. Definitely unique. Your review is also well written!
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo
Crystalbarnes2
Favorite Author: K.F. Breene
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... vidence</a>
Bookshelf Size: 24
fav_author_id: 6769

Post by Crystalbarnes2 »

This looks interesting! Can't wait to read it! Love the cover!
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A supernatural thriller that delves into the human condition, and keeps one guessing until the end? Sounds quite the read. A mysterious presence, twists, and redemption add to the suspense. It is great that the writing flows smoothly, and that the author ties the many characters together. Not sure it is for me, but I am glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

This sounds interesting! Great review!
OmololaAK
Bookshelf Size: 69

Post by OmololaAK »

I look forward to reading it.
Leonidas Ndeta
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonidas-ndeta.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by Leonidas Ndeta »

The review is great and has encouraged me to read the book. Thank you.
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
tarafarah7
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1437
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

What a unique book! Thank you for your helpful review! It's interesting that those who hear the voice are children...those who represent innocence and purity in our world. However, all of these children have all endured hardships in their lives of some kind, so they know the world isn't always a kind place. The fact that the voice gives encouragement to them, might show that we all need a a kind word or "voice" from time to time to help get us through whatever it is we are experiencing. I like how even though they could easily turn to the negative side, the children get together to figure out how they can use the voice for good. :-) Sounds like an uplifting read!
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

The book sounds so interesting, thanks for the review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”