Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Books and Reading » Reviews and Discussions about Specific Books and Series » Other Fiction Forum

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Official Review: The Touch by Robert Flynn III

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.

Official Review: The Touch by Robert Flynn III

Post Number:#1 by Momlovesbooks
» 20 Jul 2017, 15:02

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Touch" by Robert Flynn III.]

Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Review by Momlovesbooks
Share This Review

The Touch: A Supernatural Story - Part 1 by Robert Flynn III is exactly what the title says. It is a supernatural thriller that kept me guessing until the end. Just when I thought I had figured it out, a twist was thrown in.

The story centers around one of the main characters, Gabriel. Gabriel has lived in an orphanage in Texas for most of his young life. He appears to be autistic and others know when first meeting him, that he is different. However, he has a secret coping mechanism, not autism. Unknown to everyone else, Gabriel has actually heard a voice all of his life. It has always been in his heart, mind and soul. It gives him a power that he can transfer by touch. Although he doesn't fully trust the voice, he enjoys the power that comes with it. While at the orphanage, Gabriel becomes best friends with Joshua. They are both adopted by a caring nurse, Alabama, who is experiencing strange things herself.

Other children around the world are also hearing the voice. Most of them have endured hardship in their lives. The voice has been the one constant that gives them encouragement. They all come together to discover what the power means and how they can use it for good.

The story is supernatural, but also delves into the condition of the human heart. The author easily ties the many characters together in a fast-paced read. Each character has a well-developed past. They each have specific human qualities that are drawn out by the voice. The characters reside in different areas of the world, from Afghanistan to the United States of America. Although the storyline jumps from one character to another, the writing style flows smoothly and keeps the story moving along.

The book is entertaining, yet thought-provoking. It brings up such questions as "What is evil?" and "Can children change the world for good?" While not being a scriptural book, it touches on religious themes. I found it interesting that the author gives his opinion on the scriptural beings known as Nephilim. There were a few aspects that were disturbing to me, but nothing that went against my Christian beliefs. It is definitely a book that will make you ponder it long after you've finished reading it.

Because this book is very unique and entertaining, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. It seems to be professionally edited. I was hard-pressed to find grammatical mistakes. The nature of this book is to inspire humanity to do good. Fans of all genres should enjoy this one. It has minimal curse words and violence. I look forward to reading the next installment in this series.

The Touch
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Momlovesbooks's review? Post a comment saying so!
Momlovesbooks's Latest Review: "The Touch" by Robert Flynn III
Momlovesbooks
Previous Member of the Month

Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 212 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 50 Books
Goal Completion: 52%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Official Review: The Touch by Robert Flynn III

Post Number:#2 by kandscreeley
» 28 Jul 2017, 07:24

Nice! I like when the author is able to make a story interesting yet thought provoking at the same time. Sounds like a good book. Thanks!
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
― Ernest Hemingway
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader

Currently Reading: Luna
Bookshelf Size: 88 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
Goal Completion: 71%

Post Number:#3 by LadyClaire
» 28 Jul 2017, 14:39

Wow! I do love this book. Its interesting how the story line jumps from one character to another but doesn't get boring. Thanks for the review. It was really good.
To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.
-Bertrand Russel
LadyClaire

Currently Reading: My Trip To Adele
Bookshelf Size: 53 books

View Reviewer Page
Goal Completion: 2%

Post Number:#4 by ZenaLei7
» 28 Jul 2017, 16:53

I like how this book is thought-provoking. I think I may add this book to my reading list. Great job on the review!
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
ZenaLei7's Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
ZenaLei7

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53 books

View Reviewer Page
Goal Completion: 47%

Post Number:#5 by bookiegalke
» 29 Jul 2017, 01:47

Always love a novel with an interesting storyline especially when the story takes place in different part of the world and the writers finds a point or theme of convergence
'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson
bookiegalke

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15 books

View Reviewer Page
Goal Completion: 10%

Post Number:#6 by Juliet Esther
» 29 Jul 2017, 14:41

This seems interesting enough... Twists and turns are for me,I like a story that keeps me guessing and I think this is the one. Nice review
Juliet Esther's Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Juliet Esther

Currently Reading: That place of knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 20 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#7 by The Researcher
» 01 Aug 2017, 00:05

Very nice review! You made the book sound very interesting. I am definitely going to add this to my reading list.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
The Researcher's Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael
The Researcher

Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 95 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle (E-Ink)
Goal Completion: 158%

Post Number:#8 by Afuglsan
» 03 Aug 2017, 22:53

This sounds like a fantastic novel. Definitely unique. Your review is also well written!
Afuglsan

Currently Reading: Accidentally Dead
Bookshelf Size: 128 books

View Reviewer Page
Goal Completion: 62%

Post Number:#9 by Crystalbarnes2
» 05 Aug 2017, 13:34

This looks interesting! Can't wait to read it! Love the cover!
Crystalbarnes2

Favorite Author: K.F. Breene
Favorite Book: Providence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24 books

Post Number:#10 by gali
» 13 Aug 2017, 09:13

A supernatural thriller that delves into the human condition, and keeps one guessing until the end? Sounds quite the read. It is great that the "writing style flows smoothly and keeps the story moving along". Thank you for the review!
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gali's Latest Review: "Enough Rope" by P.L. Doss
gali
Site Admin

Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Steampunk!
Bookshelf Size: 1638 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle (E-Ink)
Goal Completion: 62%

Post Number:#11 by jemgirl202
» 13 Aug 2017, 09:48

This sounds interesting! Great review!
jemgirl202's Latest Review: "The Dunston Blade" by John Nelson Daines
jemgirl202

Currently Reading: Here and Gone
Bookshelf Size: 23 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 10 Books
Goal Completion: 70%

Post Number:#12 by OmololaAK
» 13 Aug 2017, 10:39

I look forward to reading it.
OmololaAK

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61 books

Post Number:#13 by Leonidas Ndeta
» 13 Aug 2017, 10:41

The review is great and has encouraged me to read the book. Thank you.
Leonidas Ndeta

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#14 by tarafarah7
» 13 Aug 2017, 10:51

What a unique book! Thank you for your helpful review! It's interesting that those who hear the voice are children...those who represent innocence and purity in our world. However, all of these children have all endured hardships in their lives of some kind, so they know the world isn't always a kind place. The fact that the voice gives encouragement to them, might show that we all need a a kind word or "voice" from time to time to help get us through whatever it is we are experiencing. I like how even though they could easily turn to the negative side, the children get together to figure out how they can use the voice for good. :-) Sounds like an uplifting read!
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month

Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: tuesdays with Morrie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 296 books
Reading Device: Fire HD 7 Tablet
Goal Completion: 260%

Post Number:#15 by ritah
» 13 Aug 2017, 11:17

The book sounds so interesting, thanks for the review.
ritah

Favorite Book: My trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Sylvio: Past and Present
Bookshelf Size: 45 books

View Reviewer Page
Goal Completion: 6%

Next