Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Books and Reading » Reviews and Discussions about Specific Books and Series » Volunteer Reviews

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Review by Harrygx3 -- Border Post 99 by Kedar Patankar

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.

Review by Harrygx3 -- Border Post 99 by Kedar Patankar

Post Number:#1 by Harrygx3
» 13 Jul 2017, 14:46

[Following is a volunteer review of "Border Post 99" by Kedar Patankar.]

Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Review by Harrygx3
Share This Review

The story unfolds at the Post 99 which is found at the India-Pakistan border and is considered a no man's land. Indian Lieutenant Mangesh Sharma and Pakistani Captain and war veteran Abid Khan are secretly and illegally assigned to this post to watch out for enemies. These two rival soldiers have strict orders to not fire their weapons, be as silent and unseen as possible and guard alone. Any violation of the orders would result in a severe diplomatic episode and most probably war.

The urgency and inherent danger of their mission makes them nervous and homesick. After coincidentaly meeting each other, they both start considering violating their orders and shoot each other. A fierce battle of wits takes place where their egos and patience are tested to their limits. After a while they begin to realise that the enemy is a human being too and not everything is as it seems to be.

The story is written in an amazing and fun way and the author is very descriptive of everything that is going on inside and outside of our protagonists. You get emotionally close with the characters of the story and makes you think how you would react if you were at their position. I couldn't put down this book, the scenery descriptions were detailed and it felt like i am in that place. One moment you are at the edge of your seat wondering what will happen and the next you laugh at their tantrums and actions. I loved how both of the characters are kids in soul despite being in such situation.

Something that may seem negative at first about this book is the slow development of characters and what seems to be lots of unnecessary information about the protagonists and other side characters. As you progress everything makes more and more sense, so it requires a bit of patience. I didn't like the end so much because to me it seems like it ended abruptly and i would love to see some more.

Overall i give this book 4 out of 4 stars for its scenario and the fun way it was written and i would love to see it turn to a movie after some editing on the end. I don't recommend it to people who aren't patient with reading details. I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who wants a quick, funny read that shows how similar we are as people and how good it is to think before we act based on our emotions at the moment.

Border Post 99
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Harrygx3's review? Post a comment saying so!
Harrygx3

Currently Reading: The Dancing Barber
Bookshelf Size: 17 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 20 Books
Goal Completion: 240%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Review by Harrygx3 -- Border Post 99 by Kedar Patankar

Post Number:#2 by Izesicle
» 10 Aug 2017, 19:48

I loved reading and rereading this book too. Feel free to check out my review. I rated it 4 out of 4 stars.
Izesicle's Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita
Izesicle

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite
2017 Reading Goal: 20 Books
Goal Completion: 45%