Official Review: The Skye in June by June Ahern

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Re: Official Review: The Skye in June by June Ahern

Post by dragonet07 »

I love that June is different from her family in every way, starting with her name. I always feel a deep connection with such characters. The fact that she has special abilities and reads tarot cards is just a bonus for me. Thank you for the thorough review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Gods Monkey
Currently Reading: The Morning Mind
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gods-monkey.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Gods Monkey »

I feel this review was poorly edited, it was edited at all. There are grammatical errors and choppy sentences. I think the reviewer needs to edit it one more time. Also the rating 3 out of 4 is not explained. The reviewer said it was a well written book and story, but doesn’t say why they took off a point.
Alex Hughes
Currently Reading: To stir a fae's passion
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-hughes.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Alex Hughes »

Name have great effect on people. names are a central part of who we are. Like it or not, they follow us wherever we go. Love the gender inequality well portrayed in the story. The book will really be interesting.
Thanks to the publisher.
Xancode
martinsan123456789
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by martinsan123456789 »

Good one..i will read it again and again
Aphroditelaughs
Currently Reading: The new wild
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aphroditelaughs.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Aphroditelaughs »

This sounds like a satisfying story. The struggle against the expectations of one's community vs something native to one's soul can produce such beautiful tension if the narrative is well-crafted, as you indicate this is.
Reb63OBC
Currently Reading: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reb63obc.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Reb63OBC »

I just downloaded the book The Skye in June by June Ahem. It will be interesting how the family mystery and the Scottish and Catholic cultural drama develops in this story. Can't wait to start reading this book!
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I like the review for highlighting the book's strengths. I like the theme of Catholicism. I admire the tenacity that June displays despite the open antagonism displayed at school.
vinodsai
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 299

Post by vinodsai »

I love to read historical fiction. This book is about a young girl and her Family set up in the mid of 1950’s. A story based on the life of an immigrant is intriguing. Looking forward to read this book. Thanks for the amazing review.
4cynthia72
Currently Reading: Word collector
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by 4cynthia72 »

The book sounds interesting from the review.I would like to know how the father being a proud man with strict guidelines of Catholicism will handle the situation on the fact that his daughters have different personalities. Thanks for the review.
Melchi Asuma
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Melchi Asuma »

This is a wonderful revea. Thank you for that. The book seems delightful too. I'll make a point to read it.
MA
Chitopogi
Currently Reading: the marvelous adventures of gwendolyn gray
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitopogi.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Chitopogi »

Nice review of a good book! The Skye in June by June Ahern is all about a girl's struggle to cope with society when society itself looks down on girls as second class citizens. Much more a girl with peculiar abilities. It is great that her sisters support her and help her bloom. I intend to read this book in the near future. :tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown:
sskrout
Favorite Book: The Faith of Helen Keller
Currently Reading: Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
Bookshelf Size: 56871
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by sskrout »

I look forward to reading this book as the family unit and dynamics change as culture is changing as well. I like books where the women are strong and stand up for what they believe. Thanks for the nice review!
Gracie777
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracie777.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gracie777 »

Though The Skye in June is fictional, for me it feels so real. The characters are relatable and humane. Thanks for your beautifully written review. The bond between the sisters and the strength of their unwavering mother is a beautiful storyline.
Lg_99
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lg-99.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Terminated by Jack Gold and Marc Debbeaudt

Post by Lg_99 »

I think I'll be giving this book a try. I liked how the book touches issues like gender inequality and faith. I can relate with June because I was raised in a strict catholic environment, but I did not share my family's beliefs. Also, I like strong protagonists, which is something June seems to be. Thank you for the review.
omnipotent4christ
Favorite Book: Executive hoodlum
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by omnipotent4christ »

The Sky in June by John Ahen.
This is a book that teaches you the mysteries of spirituals gifts. Thanks to the author for this revelations.
"Nothing at all is hidden under the sun" secrets and reasons for them should be discussed among parents, so as not to cause conflict in the home in future. We can see in this book that past of the Woman still haunted her, because her husband is not aware of her secrets. This is a lesson to parents for having a peaceful home, Just be open to one another.
Another great lessons from this book is that, gift are rare and real, if gotten by our children, the parents should accept it. Thanks to the Authour for revealing several mysteries of life in this book.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”