Official Review: Pearadigm Shift by JK Purdy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Re: Official Review: Pearadigm Shift by JK Purdy

Post by bookowlie »

CatInTheHat wrote:One of the most helpful parts of reviews is hearing that a slow start was just that, a slow start with something better yet to come. I have give up on a few books that were too slow in the beginning (unless it's for a review) but if I know in advance, it can be rather helpful.
Very true. I still think that it's important for an author to craft a strong start since many readers will read the Amazon sample before deciding to buy a book.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

bookowlie wrote:
CatInTheHat wrote:One of the most helpful parts of reviews is hearing that a slow start was just that, a slow start with something better yet to come. I have give up on a few books that were too slow in the beginning (unless it's for a review) but if I know in advance, it can be rather helpful.
Very true. I still think that it's important for an author to craft a strong start since many readers will read the Amazon sample before deciding to buy a book.
Oh, I do think a strong start is important. I guess I meant more that if I'm wavering but I hear from others that it's worth the slow start, I'll keep going and give it a chance.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

As always, a nice review with a good insight. Too bad about the lead into the story being uninteresting, but I'm glad you did end up enjoying it after all!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
bookowlie

Post by bookowlie »

CatInTheHat wrote:
bookowlie wrote:
Oh, I do think a strong start is important. I guess I meant more that if I'm wavering but I hear from others that it's worth the slow start, I'll keep going and give it a chance.
I understood what you meant. :) That's why I like to read reviews before deciding to purchase a book. Some books are worth getting past a slow beginning.

-- 20 Jul 2017, 00:40 --
klbradley wrote:As always, a nice review with a good insight. Too bad about the lead into the story being uninteresting, but I'm glad you did end up enjoying it after all!
Thanks for the kind words. :) I was pleasantly surprised that the book wound up being so enjoyable.
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

Very nice review! It is a very predictable storyline and what i deduced from your review is that the plot evolution also needs serious work.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
bookowlie

Post by bookowlie »

Thanks! It's still a nice, light read with a vivid, cozy setting.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”