Featured Review: Southern Fried Stories by Deuce Dalton

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
shabanah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =128806">A Wicked Proposition</a>
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Featured Review: Southern Fried Stories by Deuce Dalton

Post by shabanah »

Wow! As I started reading it thought that it was mostly about geography of the places ando as l am not familiar with US history and geography it was a bit boring. But I soon got hooked onto the funny humor side of the story and it is exactly the kind of book I enjoy reading. It's one such book that will make you look crazy for laughing out loud for no reason but just that it is relatable to every day life of a little kid and what we think of our surroundings growing get up. If the review is this good I definitely look forward to the actual book .

-- 03 Jul 2017, 03:46 --

Wow! As I started reading it thought that it was mostly about geography of the places and as l am not familiar with US history and geography it was a bit boring. But I soon got hooked onto the funny humor side of the story and it is exactly the kind of book I enjoy reading. It's one such book that will make you look crazy for laughing out loud for no reason but just that it is relatable to every day life of a little kid and what we think of our surroundings growing get up. If the review is this good I definitely look forward to the actual book .
Lucy Nasimiyu
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-nasimiyu.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Lucy Nasimiyu »

I just read a free sample and I think its a great book. Every word keeps the reader interested. I can't wait to read the entire book. It promises to be a very entertaining read.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
twinn
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-twinn.html
Latest Review: "The Immigrant's Lament" by Mois benarroch

Post by twinn »

This sounds like a good collection of "happy" stories. I would really love to read it.It must be entertaining.
Latest Review: "The Immigrant's Lament" by Mois benarroch
versatileer
Favorite Book: Serial K Returns
Currently Reading: Blood and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 338

Post by versatileer »

Southern Fried Stories by Deuce Dalton is a Deep-South and Georgian book is a funny story-line revolving around story with a character named Deuce.
kipyegonpeter
Currently Reading: Mark of the Remaker
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by kipyegonpeter »

What an interesting story told in a humorous yet intelligent manner! It leaves me with an urge to read it again. I like Deuce..I like the vivid description of the scene and the local idiom employed in the narration. It is indeed a sweet memoir just as the setting is...as captured in the phrase..the sweet sugar...and the fried southern food.

-- 03 Jul 2017, 04:28 --

What an interesting story told in a humorous yet intelligent manner! It leaves me with an urge to read it again. I like Deuce..I like the vivid description of the scene and the local idiom employed in the narration. It is indeed a sweet memoir just as the setting is...as captured in the phrase..the sweet sugar...and the fried southern food.
Umaxer
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Umaxer »

It's very southern, some of its vocabulary might be unknown to those of who aren't familiar with the south. It's an easy and fun read though sometimes fumbling around almost incoherently.
Elvis Trevor

Post by Elvis Trevor »

I thought I had seen the extremes of life but this surely is another story to tell. Crazy! Life in the south in the 1950's I actually like this book.
Moniquejm
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 2759">What is and isn't Working for the Alcoholic and Addict</a>
Currently Reading: Small Change
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moniquejm.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Post by Moniquejm »

It seems like Southern Fried Stories is also a funny book. I can relate to some of the experiencessence of Deuce in this story.
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
kipyegonpeter
Currently Reading: Mark of the Remaker
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by kipyegonpeter »

A perspective of reality as told through the eyes of a young boy growing up in Georgia. Its intelligently sincere, informative and humorous.
Floxie
Currently Reading: The Wicked Wives
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Floxie »

With so many great reviews about this book, I'm really looking forward to reading and enjoying the adventures it has to offer.

-- 03 Jul 2017, 05:12 --

With so many great reviews about this book, I'm really looking forward to reading and enjoying the adventures it has to offer.
john seta

Post by john seta »

:roll: :roll: commendable review.the lines actually left me laugh and to have a desire to read it again and again :lol2: :lol2:
Mandy Hosking
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandy-hosking.html
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by Mandy Hosking »

An interesting review, of a very American Deep South book, especially the deep fried part.

Juggling tv and the church brings a laugh, we must have all sat in church waiting to get to make dinner, or go do something else.
Thank you.
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael
Angelasanders351

Post by Angelasanders351 »

I really liked this book, the author writes about what it was like growing up in Waycross,GA. I've always enjoyed reading books about different cultures. What I liked was that this book shares the history of the deep South, the southern culture, & the importance of family. Thanks for the opportunity of a great read! ?
Hyun-ju

Post by Hyun-ju »

Honestly, I'm not into historical fiction but you have caught me with such a great Review. Added this to my wish list :!:
cchan110

Post by cchan110 »

I have added this to my to read list, really looking forward to reading this after I finish the current one :)

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”