Official Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
billiereadsbooks
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by billiereadsbooks »

This review has made me very interested in reading the novel. The plot sounds intriguing, and I'm interested to learn more about Sarah's character, as well as her mysterious disappearance. The review of the audio leaves me more in favor of reading than listening, but either way, I'd love to get lost in the world of this story.
Sewlful
Currently Reading: Sick Puppy
Bookshelf Size: 30

Post by Sewlful »

Thank you for a good review. I'm putting this on my to be read list. It sounds like a story I will enjoy.
dhwanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhwanis.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dhwanis »

The story line seems interesting, will totally give it a read! Although I got a kindle version on the audible one.
JulieS
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by JulieS »

I've just downloaded this book - but if I hadn't your review would have tempted me. I'm looking forward to "meeting" Sarah as a result of your review comment about the strength of her characterisation, her 'voice' and the fact that you "find myself contemplating her character long after the story’s end."

I shall be reading it on my Kindle.

Thank you for a great review that has whetted my appetite!
Last edited by JulieS on 01 Jun 2017, 01:16, edited 1 time in total.
lydmrce
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lydmrce »

Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon. This genre of book is the type that I would have an audio copy of. I like the mysticism, magic etc. but I tend to want to fast forward through the lengthy setting descriptions. That being said I would be interested in this book but the narrator's voice is a bit hard to take. The book does sound interesting but I'd have to wait until I was in the mood to actually read this due to the heavy setting descriptions.
Ebe Read
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3364">Good Omens</a>
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebe-read.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ebe Read »

MarisaRose, your review made me happy that I downloaded the book. I love characters that engage attention and make you carry the book with you where ever you go in the face of opposition from the whole world untill you have wrung the last erg of excitement out of it. Thanks so much.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Karen88
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 52

Post by Karen88 »

The review made me want to try getting audio books, not this book though. But I'm currently reading the book and am loving it. I think, just like the reviewer, I'm going to enjoy this book.
Anki_Real_Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55282">The Palace of Illusions</a>
Currently Reading: 2 books same content: You'll Do Anything for Him. You'll Do Anything for Her
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anki-real-reviews.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill
Reading Device: B00LHLASDU

Post by Anki_Real_Reviews »

After reading the review, I'm intrigued to know about the girl. Considering the reviewer's suggestion, I would read the book, rather than picking the audible.
"A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading." ~William Styron
Marquhette
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Marquhette »

This book sounds very interesting - The girl being drop at the Grandfather almost reminds me Heidi - which was one of my favorite childhood stories. As it also follow the adventures of a little girl and her growth. This sounds just way more mysterious and much emotionally deeper.
I would rather read this book then listen to it, as a bad narrator can subtract to the value and experience of a good book. And my imagination will have free rains. :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyingbrown:
stowlatch
Currently Reading: How to Win Friends & Influence People
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by stowlatch »

When it comes to stories, characterization is something I put on a pedestal. While it seems that the characterization is limited, I suspect it's a result of Sarah's point of view. At any rate, this lack of characterization may allow a more realistic feeling as I read through the book. I look forward to getting started!.
Oludare Peace Sunday
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Oludare Peace Sunday »

Strong heart is a very great novel to read.
Abigail Oj
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigail-oj.html
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Abigail Oj »

It sounds like an interesting book. I'm usually drawn to such characters like Sarah's. Innocent and trying to find their place in the world. So I'm sure i would find this book interesting to read. Thanks for the warning about the audio version though. Nice review!?
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
versatileer
Favorite Book: Serial K Returns
Currently Reading: Blood and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 338

Post by versatileer »

Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon is a sweet blend of science, native mysticism, and familial ties.I can't wait to read this coming of age book about magic realism.
olaiya oluwafemi
Currently Reading: In the shadow of Angels
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olaiya-oluwafemi.html

Post by olaiya oluwafemi »

Sounds like a good book to read. Strong Heart written by Charlie Sheldon leads us to Sarah a girl that displayed unusual supernatural actions. Is a well-written story...Thanks for the great review...
normindrasarawi
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-normindrasarawi.html
Latest Review: "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner

Post by normindrasarawi »

I have read the free sample of this book and it was intriguing. It’s sad to say that the audible narration wasn’t that strong, so I would definitely read it instead. Thanks for the great review.
Latest Review: "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”