Official Review: A Home from Home by Susan Barrett

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emie Cuevas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emie-cuevas.html
Latest Review: Trumpism: A Cultural Psycho-Genesis by Michel Valentin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: A Home from Home by Susan Barrett

Post by Emie Cuevas »

I'd like to hear more about Spiro in this story, from what you say he's not in it much so I guess I'll miss this one. Thanks for the great review.
Whether you Think you can,
or you Think you can't,
You are Right

Napoleon Hill
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

This sounds like an interesting book and I loved the characterization I experienced during the first ten pages of this book. Thanks for the great review; I'm going to keep on reading!
TIGER999
Currently Reading: The Haunting of Winchester Mansion Omnibus
Bookshelf Size: 146

Post by TIGER999 »

Having been thrust into this type of situation in my own life, it made me sad...so I'm glad that humor was employed to tell the story, & to lighten it up a bit. Thanks for a great review!
vimbaimarv
Favorite Author: Ruth Cardello
Currently Reading: For Love or Legacy
Bookshelf Size: 41
fav_author_id: 3558

Post by vimbaimarv »

Thanks for the review. A fair assessment to give it a 3. Will definitely add it to my Want To Read shelf. Have always wondered what life is like in an institute and what it's patrons were like in their lives before. This read could be the answer to the inside scoop!!! :roll:
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

Life cannot be taken for granted. We need to LIVE our lives because we'll get old sooner or later. A very touching plot here! Also, this story seems to be a key reminder to show love to the ones around us every day, especially if they are elders. Nice review!
Hasanuzzaman
Currently Reading: The Lords of Love
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Hasanuzzaman »

Really an interesting story and I like this type of story very much. It can be said that no matter what happens but it may be significant so we should not avoid even little issue. Really pleased reading it.
:D :tiphat: :techie-reference:
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

This book seems to be funny and a little hard to follow. Thanks for the good review.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

I can see how this one would appeal to a lot of people, but I’m not sure it’s for me. I think the pacing sounds a little slow for my taste.
MollyAdell
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MollyAdell »

I think the plot and background are a hard match. There is something about the emotions of senior living and the suspence of a mystery adventure and doesnt quite flow for me. Having trouble getting into this one.
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: The Witching Hour
Bookshelf Size: 3837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

From the sound of it, Barrett sounds like a great story teller and creator of characters. I like how you described that each character's past is revealed. A great story and interesting characters make for a good book. Thanks for your insight!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Fuigi101
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Fuigi101 »

The story sounds compelling as the characters tend to be in control of each pages of the book. No one could left the book so far as it goes from each pages. The character development will surely capture my senses as browse to each pages. I hope this book will become a hit.
Vandrum
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Vandrum »

This book seem to relate an interesting story about senior citizens. A reader would be able to learn some pros and cons about living in a nursing home . A very good review.
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Wow - I like how the author allows us to form connections with the characters as we go through the flashbacks. I'm excited to read this light-hearted novel! Thanks for the review :D
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

With the multitude of combined years lived that a bunch of seniors have living together, it is no surprise that a story line this can have several successful elements: humor, emotions, and drama can easily play heavy roles in a retirement home.
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

Great job on your review! Even with the flashbacks, I don't think this is a book for me since the plot of elder people in a nursing home does not interest me. But I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”