Official Review: The Day For You.The Night For Me.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
christinac_2585
Currently Reading: City of Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinac-2585.html
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Official Review: The Day For You.The Night For Me.

Post by christinac_2585 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Day For You.The Night For Me." by N.Sherry.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Naula Sherry, a native of Ireland, writes a tale of love, destruction, and manipulation. In The Day For You, The Night For Me, Volume 1 in A Deal with the Devil series, Mochien McCarthy and his wife, Kate, fight a curse regarding the McCarthy family. Can they break the curse or will the McCarthy line have to deal with the heartache and destruction with every new addition to their family?

Joe McCarthy, Mochien’s grandfather, comes from a long line of druids. His grandmother, Mischa, is one of the fairy folk. For Joe and Mischa to marry, they had to make a deal with the fairy folk allowing them to take their first born and any first born of further generations. Joe and Mischa agreed but did not realize the heartache this would cause their future children and grandchildren. When Joe told Tom, Mochien’s father, about the agreement, he wanted no part of it and made a deal with the devil to keep his son. Now, Tom and Joe have to tell Mochien about both deals and what may come if the McCarthy line is continued.

Although the author does not specify the year and location of this story, it seems that it was in Ireland many centuries ago. The reason I say this is because the characters walk to villages, use a bike, or even ride horses. The author wraps old folklore into the story that makes it even more mystical and even taught me some of the old beliefs of Ireland. The Day For You, The Night for Me does end on a cliffhanger, so there are questions that are not answered.

Even though the author did an excellent job with the plot, I had a hard time keeping my attention on the book. It the beginning, the story seems to carry on about what Joe and Tom did, but didn’t give you a whole lot of detail. Also, throughout the book, there were a lot of grammatical errors. Some of these include incorrect punctuation, added words, run-on sentences, and sentence fragments. I had a hard time reading the book because every time there was an error I would stop and see what would need to be changed to make it right. The errors caused an issue because it was hard for me to concentrate on the story. Once these issues are corrected, I would recommend this book for any reader that likes a tale of love and a journey to find redemption.

I rate The Day For You, The Night For Me a 2 out of 4 stars. The overabundant amount of errors throughout the book and the storyline not being able to keep my attention is why I rated this book a 2 instead of a 3 or 4. If the errors are fixed, and the beginning explaining the deal with the fairies and the curse with the devil was shortened a bit this could easily be a 4-star book. At the end of the book, there is a page called secrets from the chapters that answer some questions that are unclear in the book. I researched the author to find out what the second book may be called or when it will be out but was unable to find anything.

The Day For You.The Night For Me.
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like christinac_2585's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home."
- Anna Quindlen
godreaujea
Currently Reading: Station Eleven
Bookshelf Size: 347
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-godreaujea.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by godreaujea »

Props to you for sticking with the book! With all of the errors, I think I would have given up. It sounds like an interesting fantasy story though, and great review!
Chrys Brobbey
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrys-brobbey.html
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis

Post by Chrys Brobbey »

Does a curse run through generations? Do curses work at all? These are controversial views, and I wonder the book's take on this. Thanks for a good review.
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis
Nyla
Currently Reading: The Expelled
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyla.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Nyla »

Wow,!!!
Sound intriguing!
A deal with the devil!
A curse that runs through all generation!!
Every first born have to die to fulfil the deal!!!
Sound like a real fantasy book
Thanks for the wonderful review...
Subnavigation54
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Subnavigation54 »

I found it difficult to follow your review...well done for not giving up. I can only imagine how difficult would be to read a book.
christinac_2585

Thank you all!
"Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home."
- Anna Quindlen
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It's too bad there are so many mistakes in this one. That really can distract from a good story. Thanks for the review. I guess I'll wait on the updated edition.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

This book review reminds me of the series, Supernatural - there are tons of deals with the devil in that CW series. This book seems like it had potential. Thanks for the review.
OnPoint
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by OnPoint »

Sounds like a book I'd really enjoy reading.
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

The concept of the book sounds interesting but it seems the book isn't able to keep a reader's attention. Also, the amount of errors in the book seems like a problem as well. Hopefully the author will revise the book some time in the future.

Great Review! ?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
christinac_2585

Thank y'all for reading!
- Anna Quindlen
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

Very nice review! The plot sounds like something that I would enjoy, but the errors would drive me crazy!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
christinac_2585

Thank you for reading!
- Anna Quindlen

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”