Official Review: Loved By A Killer by C.F. Rabbiosi

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
christinac_2585
Currently Reading: City of Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinac-2585.html
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Official Review: Loved By A Killer by C.F. Rabbiosi

Post by christinac_2585 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Loved By A Killer" by C.F. Rabbiosi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Loved By A Killer by C.F. Rabbiosi is the first book in the series, A Sexy Paranormal Thriller. The book is a dark, twisted thriller set in 1888 London where Raina Corliss and Lord Marcus Loxley meet. Their journey takes the reader through the cobblestone streets of London in a epic whirlwind that will leave you speechless. I would suggest this book for mature readers only because there is sexual and graphic content.

Raina is a twenty-three-year-old lively woman that dances at one of London’s dance halls. She is a beautiful woman that feels like she is on top of the world. One night while dancing, Raina meets the stare of a dark and mysterious gentleman sitting on the balcony and cannot quit thinking about him. As the story progresses, the reader will see Raina transform from a care-free woman to something a little darker, that she may or may not like.

Marcus is a three hundred and fifty-year-old vampire that does not play by societies rules. He is a predator that has a thirst for blood and so much more. When Marcus sees Raina dancing exotically on that stage, he knows he must have her no matter the cost. Not only is she beautiful, but she reminds him of his wife that he lost so many years ago. While he is trying to persuade Raina into his welcoming arms, prostitutes are being murdered in the East End and authorities are saying the culprit is Jack the Ripper.

I enjoyed reading this book because the author created a dark, corrupted world based in London and added vampires, romance, and murderers. The dark and twisted way Rabbiosi writes made me feel the wrongness of situations as they unfolded. She makes the reader understand Raina in a sense that you are happy or angry right along with her. Rabbiosi does an excellent job with Marcus’ character. Marcus’ persona is portrayed as being possessive and at other times gentle to the point that you just want to wrap your arms around him and hold him. The addition of Jack the Ripper, as it was entwined with Raina and Marcus’ story, added an even darker side to the book. As I was reading I would cringe and think, “how could someone do something so terrible.” The author draws you into the story so well you think what you are reading is true. In my opinion, the twisted way the author writes can be compared to Interview with the Vampire or Dracula because it is just that good.

I was put off by some of the gruesome details of the murders, but as I finished the story, I realized those details needed to be written to understand the storyline. I did notice that in some instances the language the people spoke sounded like they were from Victorian London, but in some cases, Raina’s thoughts were more modern words like “Hot” or “ass-face.” Even though this book is a dark tale, there were some scenes that the humor was good enough it did make me laugh out loud. Most of this story is written in Raina’s point of view, but some chapters are written for other characters and those are third person omniscient.

Overall I would rate Loved By A Killer a 4 out of 4 stars. I found two errors where there were missing words, but I could not give it 3 stars for those issues. The plot twist at the end left me shocked and even made me wish there would have been more to read. Raina’s story continues in Loved by the First, which is not out yet, but readers can get a sneak peek of at the end of this book.

Loved By A Killer
View: on Bookshelves

Like christinac_2585's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home."
- Anna Quindlen
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

This sounds like an awesome vampire story. I liked how you referred to it as a Sexy Paranormal Thriller. That makes it sound even more interesting!

Great Review! ?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
christinac_2585

Thank you Amagine. If you are interested you should read it. In the beginning it seemed a little dark for me but the more I read, the more the story captured my attention.
"Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home."
- Anna Quindlen
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

This sounds like an interesting read! I usually like to read paranormal or fantasy books and I'll consider adding this book to the list. Great job on the review!
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
christinac_2585

Thank you! The obsession and sometimes the insanity in the book reminds me of Interview with a Vampire. I think this is what draws the reader into the book.
- Anna Quindlen
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I love when there's a twist that I don't anticipate. Sounds like the characters are well done in this also which makes a good book. All in all, sounds great. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
christinac_2585

Thank you for reading it!
- Anna Quindlen
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

I'll be honest - I was turned off by the cover of the book. This is not my cup of tea or at least I hope it isn't. Strange enough I don't mind vampires but the gruesome detail of murder is a little too much for me. Great review.
christinac_2585

Thank you Jamie for your honest comment.
- Anna Quindlen

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”